Subject: Selection Of My Successor-My Concern
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 01:53:00 -0700 (PDT)

Ken: I have "heard" from two sources in this office that Enron will announce 
my successor today. I have not been advised of the selection and am concerned 
that this announcement will not treat my retirement in an appropriate and 
deserving manner.

I have placed calls to Steve Kean since hearing this rumor but have not 
received a response as of now. Admittedl, our phone service because of the 
office construction is not totally functioning.

Frankly, I think this matter has not been handled in a caring way and I have 
been acccused of giving information on the selection to Tom DeLay which is 
untrue. My office mates are all more aware of the candidates and their status 
than I have been.

I regret having to contact you on this matter but feel that despite my total 
cooperation, allegiance and dedication to Enron, I am not being treated with 
the courtesy and sensitivity that this matter deserves.

Joe