Subject: Club Intrapreneur
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 04:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

Mr. Lay,

I have found the appropriate contacts.  We are now in process.  Please don't 
go to any trouble.

---------------------- Forwarded by Fred Philipson/Corp/Enron on 10/10/2000 
11:25 AM ---------------------------

	
	From:  Fred Philipson                           10/06/2000 09:16 AM

To: Kenneth Lay/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Club Intrapreneur

Mr. Lay,

I hope you don't mind the unsolicited email. I am interested in founding an 
internal organization, or club within Enron.  The club would require 
executive support in order to be successful.  I,ve therefore sent you a high 
level summary outlining the club,s objectives so that you could pass it along 
to the correct executive(s) for further consideration if you think the idea 
has merit. I anticipate operating this program on my own time, so the 
incremental costs to the company would be minimal. Thank you in advance for 
your consideration.

Fred Philipson

Name
Club Intrapreneur

Mission of Potential Organization
To nurture entrepreneurial concepts consistent with Enron strategies and 
abilities, bringing them to the point of a written business plan through the 
collective, informal participation of Enron employees.  

Value Proposition
The club will stimulate, nurture and capitalize on the innovation of 
collective individuals within the organization, serving as a catalyst for 
developing businesses within Enron. 

Problem Statement
Many innovative ideas abound among Enron employees, yet they largely go 
unshared or if shared, go undeveloped due to the present lack of a forum.  

Solution
This internal club could foster these ideas, reducing these lost 
opportunities.  The club could serve as a repository of information, 
referring concept development to receptive mentors that could add insight 
into an idea,s development. 

Overview of club services
? Quarterly speakers from the business community giving brown bag seminars at 
Enron.  These speakers could be entrepreneurship professors from  Rice, 
venture capitalists or even entrepreneurs from outside Houston.  According to 
the Rice University Executive Education Office, Rice   professors charge 
$2,000/day, although many could be encouraged to speak pro bono, given their 
relationship with high-level Enron executives.   These speakers can also come 
from within Enron,s executive ranks, thereby further sharing knowledge and 
showing support for the club.
? Monthly seminar-format meetings between Enron executive sponsors and club 
members to review concepts and choose those that should be   nurtured further.
? Weekly, informal lunch meetings with club members discussing strategies and 
ideas, assigning action items, creating goals and targets for an idea,s  
development.
? Intranet site containing club meeting information, white papers, topics 
under discussion, links to relevant sites and an overview of Enron,s 
strategic  direction, which would serve as a template showing intrapreneurs 
the types of ideas Enron would be most interested in developing.