Subject: Tax Foundation News Release
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 07:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hodge Joins Tax Foundation as Executive Director; Fleenor Named Chief
Economist

Washington, D.C. August 29, 2000 -- Scott Hodge has been named executive
director of the Tax Foundation. Most recently he has worked as director of
tax and budget policy at Citizens for a Sound Economy Foundation and is
recognized as one of Washington's leading experts on the federal budget. He
has been widely published on fiscal policy, notably in the pages of The Wall
Street Journal, The Washington Post, USA Today, and The Washington Times.
His work as Senior Budget Analyst at the Heritage Foundation included the
editing of three books on the federal budget. Mr. Hodge has been a
commentator on nightly news shows such as NBC Nightly News and CBS Nightly
News, and has been seen regularly on CNN, Fox Network, and C-SPAN.
At the same time, Patrick Fleenor has been named the Foundation's chief
economist. On staff at the Tax Foundation since 1993, Fleenor has improved
the Foundation's core research projects, such as Tax Freedom Day and The
Federal Tax Burden by State, and he has published extensive economic
analyses of excise and estate taxes. Fleenor has a reputation among the
media as a reliable source for tax data on myriad subjects.
Hodge and Fleenor replace J.D. Foster who held both titles from 1993 to June
of this year, when he announced his departure for the staff of Rep. Phil
Crane (R-IL). Foster will be legislative director and economic counsel to
Rep. Crane, who is currently the second-ranking Republican on the House Ways
and Means Committee, and chairman of its subcommittee on trade.

Jan E. Rogers
Development Manager
Tax Foundation
Phone:  202/661-4226
Fax: 202/783-6868
[email-masked]