From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:46:00 -0800 (PST)

As I mentioned at the executive committee meeting, we have a number of people 
who either have expressed interest in serving on the transition team or who I 
would like to approach to serve on the transition team for Bush.  We believe 
that a call from you to Cheney may be required.

David Haug.    David will be returning from his honeymoon on Dec 4 and has 
expressed a strong interest in serving on the Bush team.
Woody Wodraska.  Woody would like to work on environmental and water issues 
and has been in touch with Bush campaign folks in both California and 
Florida.  He would appreciate a call on his behalf to Cheney.  Amanda is 
aware of his interest and is amenable to his service.
James Steffes.  You know Jim.  He is one of the most creative and talented 
people in my organization.  He is familiar with state and federal energy 
regulation as well as the state and federal policy makers who have played an 
active role in deregulation efforts.  He would be great to have on a vetting 
team for commission nominees.  I have talked to Jim and he is interested.
Others.  We can make another 4 people available from the government affairs 
organization with qualifications in energy, communications and market 
regulation.  The question is more a matter of how many Enron people they 
would like to have.  Among them:  Dan Allegretti (who will be chair of NEPOOL 
next year) who campaigned for Bush in New Hampshire; and Sue Landwehr, a 
republican who works for us in the upper midwest.

Linda Robertson has suggested that we try to put as many people on the 
"vetting" team as possible.  Let me know how I need to proceed.