Subject: Background on 5/18 Enron Emissions Strategy Meeting
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 09:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

Enron's Environmental Strategies group will convene an "Emissions Strategy 
Meeting" on Friday May 18.  
Based on very positive responses, we expect participation from a number of 
commercial groups from within Enron -- including Enron Europe, EES, ENA, ETS, 
EGM and others.

The meeting will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (including lunch) in room 
8C1, 8th floor of the Enron Building.  (Representatives of Enron Europe will 
participate in the morning session by video conference, and others from 
various locations will participate by telephone.)

The objectives of the session are to:

1) provide Enron commercial and support groups with the latest information on 
emissions regulation, markets, and Enron's advocacy efforts worldwide, and

2) receive feedback on commercial interests and input on policy options so 
that we may develop the best business and policy strategies for Enron in both 
the short and long term.

We would like you to invite you to join the session for as long as your 
schedule permits, as well as make a few brief remarks about the importance of 
global emissions issues -- such as climate change and U.S. multipollutant 
legislation -- to the group.

We are still preparing a detailed agenda, but expect to cover a number of 
topics related to U.S. and international emissions issues.  A draft is 
attached.

I hope you will be able to join us for what should be a very insightful and 
productive session.

Rosalee:  please let me know of potentially-available times for Dr. Lay's 
participation at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Jeff Keeler

Jeffrey Keeler
Director, Environmental Strategies
Enron
Washington DC office - (202) 466-9157
Cell Phone (203) 464-1541