Subject: Fwd: Bush Tax Cut Plan
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 14:01:16 -0700 (PDT)

From: [email-masked]
Full-name: M J JNSN
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 15:11:15 EDT
Subject: Bush Tax Cut Plan
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],	[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],	[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],	[email-masked], [email-masked]

  If you think the Bush tax cut plan is unfair, read this rebuttal that
appeared in the Sunday, March 4 Chicago Tribune. By the way, the ratios
are roughly accurate; 10% of the taxpayers pay about 60% of the taxes
collected, 30% pay 37%, and 60% collectively pay only 4%.

   Every night, 10 men met at a restaurant for dinner.  At the end of the
meal, the bill would arrive; they owed $100 for the food that they
shared. Every night they lined up in the same order at the cash register to
pay
the bill. The first four men paid nothing at all. The fifth, grumbling about
the
unfairness of the situation, paid $1.  The sixth man, feeling a little
put out, paid $3.  The next three men paid $7, $12 and $18, respectively. The
last man was required to pay the remaining balance, $59; he realized he
was paying for not only his own meal but the unpaid balance left by the
first five men.
   The 10 men were quite settled into their routine when the restaurant
threw them into chaos by announcing that it was cutting its prices.  Now
dinner for the 10 men would only cost $80.  This clearly would not affect
the first four men; they still ate for free. The fifth man announced he
would now pay nothing either.  The sixth man lowered his contribution by
1/3, and paid only $2.  The seventh man deducted $2 from his usual
payment and paid only $5.  The eighth man paid $9 instead of his usual $12.
The
ninth man paid $12, $6 less than before.  This left the last man with a
bill of $52. Outside of the restaurant, the men began to compare their
savings, and
angry outbursts began to erupt.  The sixth man yelled: "I got only $1 out
of the $20 in cost reduction, and he got $7," pointing at the last man.
The fifth man joined in: "Yeah!  I only saved $1 too.  It is unfair that
he got seven times more than me."  The seventh man cried, "Why should he
get a reduction of $7 when I only got $2?"

   The nine men formed an outraged mob, (this is where the Democratic
party aggravates everyone about the unfairness) surrounding the 10th man.
The
first four men followed the lead of the others: "Even though we weren't
paying anything in the first place, we didn't get any of the $20 reduction in
cost; where is our share?"  The nine angry men then carried the 10th
man up to the top of a hill and lynched him.

   The next night, the nine remaining men met at the restaurant for
dinner. But when the bill came, there was no one to pay it.

---Go W!

Bush Tax Cut Plan