Subject: Grays Harbor RT Duties
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:15:00 -0800 (PST)

Group,

This morning we had a meeting with BPA regarding Grays Harbor Paper in an 
attempt to clarify exactly what we need to do in order to make the deal run 
smoothly.  BPA informed us that a phone call is REQUIRED at the end of each 
hour to inform their numbers desk (306-418-2277 and reference account # 
16211) of the actual generation output of the unit.  BPA has the expected 
output in their system based on preschedules or RT sales and then enters the 
actual output in order to determine if BPA has met their reserve requirements 
by comparing the two (for the entire control area).  If we do not call the 
actuals in, they assume that the unit's output is zero and we get billed for 
being short those MWh's. 

When you call the BPA Number's Desk, you need to give them the total output 
of the plant.  They are required to give the first MW to load and the next 
four to us for marketing.  However, BPA wants to know the TOTAL OUTPUT of the 
unit, which would be 5.   They would like the numbers within the first 5 to 
10 minutes of every hour.

This is very important and cannot be overlooked.  Let me know if you have any 
ideas about how to remind everyone to make the call.  Do we need an alarm at 
5 minutes after every hour?

We also discussed procedure when the unit trips.  We have to call the BPA 
Generation Desk within 5 minutes of the unit tripping.  We are going to 
emphasise the importance of Grays Harbor calling us immediately so that we 
may notify BPA within the required 5 minutes.  Once again, if we fail to do 
this we will be fined according to their tariff.

DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE THESE CALLS!!!!!!!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  Les can also be a helpful 
resource on this.

Cheers,
Jesse