Subject: New Power Plant in Nevada
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 09:12:00 -0700 (PDT)

Lorna,
Thanks.  Yes, we had heard that PG&E was looking to site a "big one" near 
Vegas.  It is speculated that this project may well be an anchor for a Kern 
River expansion.

Market Intelligence - Enron Transportation Services
From: Lorna Brennan on 10/02/2000 02:28 PM
To: Steven Harris/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Jeffery Fawcett/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, 
Lorraine Lindberg/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Kevin Hyatt/ET&S/Enron@Enron, Christine 
Stokes/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, TK Lohman/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Michelle 
Lokay/ET&S/Enron@Enron, Lindy Donoho/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Lee 
Huber/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Susan Scott/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc:  
Subject: New Power Plant in Nevada

Note:  I'm sure you have this on your radar screen, but just in case you 
don't...

PG&E Corp. announced that its National Energy Group will develop its first 
Nevada project, a 1,000 MW natural gas-fired generating plant to be located 
45 miles northeast of Las Vegas. The merchant plant's main purpose is to 
supply Nevada, but when it is not needed there, it will add much-needed 
supply to the western energy market. The group hopes to begin construction 
during the fourth quarter of 2001, with completion expected in early 2004. 
"Southern Nevada has one of the most rapidly growing economies in the 
country," said Thomas B. King, president of PG&E NEG, West Region. "Because 
of its location near Las Vegas, the Meadow Valley project will be ideally 
positioned to efficiently serve that demand growth." Including the Nevada 
project, PG&E National Energy Group has a total of 4,000 MW in development or 
construction in California, Oregon, Nevada and Arizona.