Subject: Yesterday's power outage
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:40:00 -0700 (PDT)

As you are painfully aware, we had a power outage Wednesday morning in the 
Enron Building.  This outage was caused by localized structural failure of 
the raised floor in our 34th floor Data Center.  This resulted in disruption 
to the power distribution system servicing the phone switch and a number of 
ENA servers.

As a cautionary move, Enron OnLine was interrupted while the extent of the 
failure was assessed, resulting in the system being unavailable from 11:23 to 
11:39.  All Enron Building telephones and voicemail were unavailable for 
approximately one hour and 20 minutes and certain ENA trading systems were 
unavailable for over two hours.  During this time the power was stabilized 
and systems were restored.  Immediate steps are being taken to correct this 
problem. 

We apologize for this inconvenience.

If you have any questions in regard to this outage, please call Philippe Bibi 
at x37698 or Bill Donovan at x35459