Subject: GTA Outage, Monday, September 25th
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 06:10:00 -0700 (PDT)

At approximately 8:15 a.m. on Monday morning, September 25th, the GTA server 
went down due to a corrupted System volume.  The GTA server has an identical 
failover server that is being mirrored throughout the day.  Unfortunately, 
this data corruption also occurred on the failover's System volume.  In the 
recovery process, we were unable to bring up the failover due to the 
corruption on both servers.

Vendor support was required in order to recover GTA and the corrupted 
volume.  Although we talked to the vendor about possible causes for the 
corruption, our primary focus was on the server recovery.  The server was 
operational at approximately 11:10 am.  The Server Platform Team is working 
with the vendors to determine the root cause. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any questions, please call Bob Martinez at 713-853-7574.

Thanks,

ETS Solution Center