Subject: Re: ENA/EE&CC meeting
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:02:00 -0800 (PST)

You raise a very interesting question on how EECC and ENA will interface in 
the future.  

I understand that ENA now has a Technical Support Group (something like 
that), and some of the folks are EECC personnel who have transferred to ENA.  
I do not know their function or role.   

As for the integration of EECC legal comments into a document, I would say 
that it would depend on the comment.  Essentially, the deals are ENA deals, 
not EECC deals, which means ENA has decision making responsibility.  Also, 
ENA is the project sponsor/owner (until sold), and NEPCO is usually the 
contractor.  The conflicts arise when NEPCO (usually not EECC on ENA deals) 
is asked to wrap certain contracts, so EECC or NEPCO takes a position as a 
contractor.  So it is difficult for EECC to act as the owner's engineer and 
the EPC contractor.

Another interface issue is that EECC contracts personnel do not typically 
involve the EECC lawyers in major equipment contracts until the end of the 
negotiation process.  Perhaps this has changed since I left, but that was how 
things worked when I was with EECC.  

On the finance/deal lawyer front, my question is who deals with the lenders 
and their counsel once the financing vehicle is in place?

I'll let you know if I think of anything else.  I suspect Sheila will have 
some insight, also.

Kay

From: Catherine Clark/ENRON@enronXgate on 01/19/2001 10:52 AM
To: Roseann Engeldorf/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Kay Mann/Corp/Enron@Enron
cc: Lisa Bills/ENRON@enronXgate 

Subject: ENA/EE&CC meeting

Rose and Kay,
Lisa has asked for a meeting between ENA and EE&CC to talk about how both 
companies are going to interface now that we are all on the same team.  We 
are still in the brainstorming stage, trying to think about the agenda for 
the meeting, and what the ENA representatives should say.  I've attached both 
an agenda and a first crack at the Project Development Process as we see it.  

It would be GREATLY APPRECIATED if you could provide some comments on how you 
envision EE&CC and ENA working together on projects, especially how you see 
the Legal teams interfacing.  I tried with a few bullet points, but please 
feel free to delete, add, amend, rewrite, etc...  I'll fax a synthesized 
version of your comments to Lisa at the  end of today.  Thank you in advance 
for your suggestions.
-Catherine
x3-9943