Subject: Re:
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:27:00 -0800 (PST)

How could resist being part of the Light Brigade?

[email-masked] on 12/04/2000 04:53:47 PM
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked]
cc:  

Subject: 

                                                                    

                                                                    

                                                                    
                                                                    
      During the EPC discussions, today in Sao                      
      Paolo, someone from ESA commented on the attached article and 
      how it's our "new" future.  The discourse then degenerated    
      into how "complex" those types of contracts must, to which I  
      quickly pointed out that they were in fact quite complex.     
      It's like Rigby says, "EES -- we do better lightbulbs".       
                                                                    
      Who Says Exit Signs Aren't Exciting                           

      Enron Energy Services (EES) is undertaking a rapid expansion  
      into overhauling inefficient lighting systems for current and 
      future customers. This includes the replacement of            
      illuminated exit signs in commercial buildings -- 25,000 of   
      which EES recently procured for installation over the next    
      year. As part of this effort, EES teamed with Global          
      Strategic Sourcing and DealBench to create a 45 percent       
      savings over the old procurement process. In a highly         
      successful collaboration, EES provided the technical          
      specifications and market pricing information, GSS provided   
      the deal expertise, and DealBench provided the technology.    

      These illuminated exit signs, which will be used in the new   
      Enron building and in commercial buildings of our customers,  
      are big energy savers. Whereas exit signs typically use 40    
      watts, the new signs use 4 watts. In addition, typical exit   
      signs use fluorescent or incandescent lamps. The new exit     
      signs use light emitting diodes (LEDs) and will achieve a 60  
      to 90 percent savings in electrical consumption. But it       
      doesn't stop there. The internal lamps that illuminate the    
      exit signs typically need to be replaced every six months to  
      a year. The LED-illuminated exit signs, however, only require 
      replacement every eleven years.