Subject: Re: Hearing Update
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 08:16:00 -0700 (PDT)

I knew you guys would hit a home run!

I have a conference call at 330, then I'll come see you.

Kay

Reagan Rorschach
10/03/2000 03:04 PM
To: Kay Mann/Corp/Enron@Enron
cc: Jeffrey Keenan/HOU/ECT@ECT, John Moore/Corp/Enron@Enron, Ben 
Jacoby/HOU/ECT@ECT, Heather Kroll/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Hearing Update

Kay,

As I am sure you have heard, the hearing went famously.  Allyson and company 
did a fantastic job preparing.  Witness Keenan performed as expected.  
Neither intervener (NCNG nor the Attorney General's Office) had any 
questions.  Giselle Rankin asked if we would commit to establishing site 
control via a lease, or similiar, prior to transferring the option.  Witness 
Keenan answered in the affirmative.  She had no further questions.  The 
commissioners had two questions--1) where will you connect to VEPCO's system? 
 2) Is this a real deal?  Everyone is behind the project and getting excited 
as the external hurdles steadily disappear.

All in all, things could not have gone much better.  It was agreed at the 
hearing that Allyson and Giselle would file the order jointly on October 11.  
Allyson will prepare a draft of the order and deliver to us Friday.  She, 
Giselle and Tom Chapman are working on the "for any reason" language.  They 
had not discussed the language you submitted last week.  Your language is 
where they will start.  

Allyson feels that we have such strong support from the Commissioners that we 
could fight the staff on the language (i.e. agree to disagree and let the 
Commissioners decide).

Stay tuned for more action on this very hot topic.....

When you get a few minutes, I would like to disucss the county's rezoning 
application and the Appian professional services agreement.  We hope to get 
Appian started quickly so that we can get on the planning board and 
commissioners' agendas.  I will be out of the office Wednesday and Thursday.  
Please talk with Jeffrey if you have any questions.

Thank you very much,

Reagan