Subject: Clarksdale definitions
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 08:04:00 -0800 (PST)

Kay -- I'll send this kind of stuff to you periodically

FO means Forced Outage -  A forced outage event shall be deemed to occur when 
an equipment failure, operator intervention or other action or inaction 
occurs that causes the Facility to reduce output from the current full 
capacity of the Facility either directed by operator action or is the result 
of a Facility control and/or safety system action.
PO means Planned Outage   A planned outage event shall be deemed to occur 
when the Facility operates at reduced output or is removed from service by 
the Facility operator in a controlled manner so as to allow maintenance of 
equipment, systems or the entire Facility where the event was part of the 
annual maintenance planning.
MO means Maintenance Outage   A maintenance outage event shall be deemed to 
occur when the Facility operates at reduced output or is removed from service 
by the Facility operator in a controlled manner so as to allow maintenance of 
equipment, systems or the entire Facility where a partial or full outage of 
the Facility is required to permit the correction of a discovered problem 
that could, if uncorrected, cause a forced outage or result in damage to the 
Facility or create a hazardous condition for Facility staff or the local 
community and, where the outage can be effected so as to occur during a time 
when the outage effect on the system or contracts associated with the system 
can be minimized.