Subject: RE: Deerfield Beach Energy Center sections 6 and 7
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 10:24:00 -0700 (PDT)

Ben/Kay:
;
After our call, we had a few more;discussions with the City regarding the 
guarantee, etc.; We think we have them convinced that the only gurantee Enron 
North America will provide is a payment obligation for Section 4 ($1.5 mm up 
through issuance of the building permits).; Debbie will draft accordingly.; ; 
;
The City would like the base document agreed to and signed by DBEC on Monday 
am the 11th (prior to the DRC hearing at 1:00 pm) and will allow the opinions 
and guarantee to follow.; Their only request is that the opinions and 
guarantee be;submitted well in advance of the;Commission Hearing (scheduled 
for 4:00 pm on;the 14th) so as to have sufficient time to review and comment 
- morning of the 13th should work
;
The City is insisting the initial payment of $500k needs to occur before its 
fiscal year-end (Sept 30).; Debbie will revise accordingly.
;
Debbie will issue a new draft tonight - lets plan to;discuss it tomorrow am.
;
Regards,
Steve
;
;
;

-----Original Message----- 
From: Mann, Kay 
Sent: Thu 6/7/2001 3:04 PM 
To: [email-masked] 
Cc: Jacoby, Ben; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Krimsky, Steven 
Subject: RE: Deerfield Beach Energy Center sections 6 and 7

6. Default By DBEC. Should DBEC default on the payment obligations contained 
herein,; it shall be liable for interest on the amount outstanding at a rate 
of one and one/half percent; per month or each portion thereof.; Should the 
City of Deerfield Beech obtain enforcement of the payment obligations 
contained herein through judicial action, then, in that event, the City of 
Deerfield Beech shall be reimbursed by the DBEC for all costs and attorneys 
fees including the costs of any appeals.;;; 

7.; Default By the City of Deerfield Beech.; Should the City of Deerfield 
Beech default on the obligations contained herein, and DBEC obtain 
enforcement of any rights or obligations set forth herein through; judicial 
action, then, in that event, DBEC shall be reimbursed by the City of 
Deerfield Beech for all costs and attorneys fees including the costs of any 
appeals.;;;