Subject: Pontiac Site - Interconnection Feasibility Study
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:22:00 -0700 (PDT)

Kay

Attached is a proposal from ComEd to complete an Interconnect Feasibility 
Study(IFS) on the Pontiac project site.  I believe that the form of this 
agreement is consistent with the IFS's which we have engaged ComEd to 
complete on the Lincoln Energy Center and the Plano(Yorkville) project.  The 
cost is $50K and the time period is approximately 45 days after ComEd and ENA 
agree on the "base case" conditions for the study.

The purpose of this study is to establish the viability and capability of 
interconnecting a generation facility at the ComEd Pontiac substation.  This 
information will provide potential Buyer(s) of the Pontiac site with comfort 
that a project can be built and connected to ComEd's transmission system.  
The east power desk has engaged ComEd to study the transmission availability 
from the Pontiac [and Plano] site.

Please review this agreement and let me know your comments.  If you are 
comfortable, please initial two executable copies and forward them to me at 
EB 2958E.

I would like to have this Agreement executed by Friday of this week.

Thanks,
Fred

---------------------- Forwarded by Fred Mitro/HOU/ECT on 09/27/2000 05:02 PM 
---------------------------

<[email-masked]> on 09/22/2000 09:07:11 AM
To: [email-masked]
cc: [email-masked], [email-masked] 
Subject: Pontiac Site - Interconnection Feasibility Study

Fred,

Attached is the revised contract agreement for the Pontiac Site study.  I
have incorporated your comments and Tom Kay's.  Transmission System Planning
prefers not to include cost estimates within the scope of this study.  To
provide useful cost estimates, ComEd Engineering Dept. would have to be
involved.  Enron-ComEd EIS could contract Engineering to develop these
estimates once the upgrades are identified.  But such estimates would have
to be done under a contract different than the one for the interconnection
feasibility analysis.  Please call me should you have any additional
questions.

 <<Enron N00-406 R1.doc>>

Jorge E. Cardenas
ComEd - Energy Infrastructure Services
(630) 684-2708

******************************************************************************
***
This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Unicom proprietary
information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright
belonging to the Unicom family of Companies.  This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation
to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and
any copy of this E-mail and any printout.  Thank You.
******************************************************************************
***

 - Enron N00-406 R1.doc