Subject: FW: Declaratory Statement to DEP regarding County Moratorium
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:32:50 -0700 (PDT)

Debbie,

Could we discuss this before we start spending money?  I'm a bit uncomfortable drafting something that we aren't sure we want to use.

Thanks,

Kay

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Krimsky, Steven  
Sent:	Thursday, August 02, 2001 2:29 PM
To:	Mann, Kay
Cc:	Debbie M. Orshefsky (E-mail)
Subject:	FW: Declaratory Statement to DEP regarding County Moratorium

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	[email-masked]@ENRON [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent:	Thursday, August 02, 2001 9:53 AM
To:	Krimsky, Steven; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject:	Declaratory Statement to DEP regarding County Moratorium

Although we are not yet entirely comfortable with the Declaratory Statement
alternative to addressing the County moratorium, we need to prepare the
necessary petition so that should we get a positive read from DEP later this
month we are ready to file immediately.  Toward that end, and given various
vacation schedules, Barbara has asked that Mike you start drafting the
petition so that when she is back from vacation on August 8 and before I
leave on August 9 we have a draft to review.  Then, Ron you and I can plan
to meet with DEP staff the week of August 27 when I return to the office,
unless you can get to the appropriate persons before that and get the task
of pre-clearing that they will give us the answer we are looking for.  We
also need to coordinate with Kerri since she is taking the lead on the
pending administrative hearings on the Enron air permits and there may be an
opportunity to address the exclusive authority of DEP over air permitting
for power plants through that litigation, Kerri please evaluate this issue
and let us know what you think.

We are endeavoring to have the Deerfield site positioned for a building
permit in the first quarter of 2002 and need to address these issues in
order to achieve that goal.

If the time frames outlined above create a problem for anyone let me know
asap.  Thanks.

Mike, I have attached all the memoranda Barbara has been preparing on the
moratorium issue to assist you, should you need any back ground
documentation please let me know and we will locate it for you since Barbara
is away for a week.

The file number for the Enron/Moratorium matter is 42292.011000.

_______________________________________________________________
The information contained in this transmission may contain
privileged and confidential information.  It is intended only
for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the
intended recipient,  you are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination, distribution or duplication of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email
and destroy all copies of the original message.

To reply to our email administrator directly, please send an
email to [email-masked].
 <<Enron -Declaratory Statement Questions_v1.DOC>>   <<Broward County
Moratorium Outline - Enron_v2.DOC>>   <<Enron Moratorium _FTL Dir_v2.DOC>>
 <<Steve Krimsky Memo - Petition for Declaratory Statement_v1.DOC>>

 - Enron -Declaratory Statement Questions_v1.DOC 
 - Broward County Moratorium Outline - Enron_v2.DOC 
 - Enron Moratorium _FTL Dir_v2.DOC 
 - Steve Krimsky Memo - Petition for Declaratory Statement_v1.DOC