Subject: Re: FW: Consulting Agreements with lobbyists
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 02:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

We have not made this payment.  

	Kathleen Carnahan/ENRON@enronXgate
	05/23/2001 10:46 AM
		 
		 To: Marchris Robinson/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: Kay Mann/Corp/Enron@Enron, Greg Krause/ENRON@enronXgate
		 Subject: FW: Consulting Agreements with lobbyists

Marchris,

I am getting ready to request a wire transfer in the amount of $7,500 to be 
paid to Albert Lorenzo with Quantum Results, Inc. in connection with the 
Consulting  Services Agreement we have with him.

Please advise if your department has already taken care of this payment 
and/or confirm that you want me to take care of this payment.

Thank you.

Kathleen

 -----Original Message-----
From:  Ann Elizabeth White  
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 10:40 PM
To: Marchris Robinson; jsteffe; Ben Jacoby
Cc: gkrause; Steven Krimsky; Kathleen Carnahan
Subject: Consulting Agreements with lobbyists
Importance: High

As you know, in the last few months we have had discussions regarding the 
retention of lobbyists to perform services on our Florida Power Development 
Projects.  It was decided that we would have the lobbyists retained through 
the Government Affairs group.  Two recent agreements, one with Quantum 
Results and another with Tripp, Scott, provided for payments to be made at 
certain junctures of our development process.  It has come to our attention 
that these payments were not timely made.   In order to make sure that we 
don't inadvertently miss any future payments, I am proposing that:

1.  We continue to retain the consultants through execution of a consulting 
services agreement signed by Government Affairs.  The consulting agreements 
will be prepared in duplicate originals so that the lobbyist keeps one copy 
and Enron keeps one copy.

2.  Legal will retain Enron's executed original and provide it to Kay Young, 
who maintains a database of all consulting agreements and confidentiality 
agreements entered into by ENA entities.

3.  Legal will distribute a copy of the executed document to government 
affairs for their records.

4.  Legal will distribute a copy of the executed document to Kathleen 
Carnahan who will set up a payment schedule.  Unlike our real property option 
agreements that have a date certain for payment, these agreements often have 
payment schedules dependent upon some approval process.  Thus, it will be 
important for all of us to keep Kathleen in the loop as to dates of hearings 
or approvals so that she will know if it is time for a payment.

5.  Kathleen will provide notices to government affairs that a payment is 
due, and the amount of the payment and arrange for reimbursement of such 
payment out of the development group's RC.

6.  Government affairs will make the payments and be reimbursed out of the 
development group's RC.  

Please advise if this system will work for you so that we can undertake to 
have Kathleen begin setting up a payment schedule.

My strong preference is that we continue to keep things flowing through the 
government affairs group so that we consistently maintain the lobbyist 
relationship.  However, this will require government affairs have some way of 
monitoring the agreements.  I think we fix that problem with having Kathleen 
keep a consultant schedule just as she keeps an option schedule.

I'm going on vacation as of next Wednesday so your response by Tuesday will 
be greatly appreciated.