Subject: Re: FW: FERC clarifies credits for upgrades
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

Legal folks -- please let me know of any other legal people who should be 
added to interconnection issue emails.

On May 16, FERC clarified its policy regarding credits for network upgrades 
associated with the interconnection of a generating facility -- all network 
upgrade costs (the cost of all facilities from the point where the generator 
connects to the grid), including those necessary to remedy short-circuit and 
stability problems, should be credited back to the customer that funded the 
upgrades once the delivery service begins.

Once a customer signs up for transmission, then the transmission provider is 
limited to charging the higher of the expansion cost or an embedded cost rate.

Generally, Enron has not procured transmission at the time of interconnection 
and therefore, may be required to pay the network upgrades at the time of 
interconnection; however, the order clarifies that a credit should be 
available to the interconnecting customer or a third party that contracts for 
transmission away from the generator.

Kinder Morgan v. Consumers Energy  (Docket No. ER01-1587-000)