Subject: Sing!
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 02:41:00 -0800 (PST)

Dear Mr. Schrum,

I attended Sing! last night to watch and support my daughter perform with her 
Tri Delta friends.  I enjoyed the performances of the various groups, which 
were within the bounds of what I expected.  Unfortunately, I am not writing 
to tell you how much I enjoyed it.

I'm writing  you to encourage the administration to not take lightly the 
indecent exposure incident which occured in the second act.   The act was 
beyond offensive, it was criminal, especially in light of the young children 
present.  During the first act, I was sitting on the first row, and there 
were 4 young children sitting in the front.  In fact,  at the end of the 
first act I had regretted that I had not brought Paige's six year old brother 
to watch her perform.  I cannot tell you how glad I am that I did not bring 
Michael.   Even I was offended, and I'm a forty-two year old lawyer (we don't 
offend easily) who was in a sorority at UT.  I was glad I had moved back at 
intermission to sit with my daughter for the second act.

Again, I urge you to not view this as an act of youthful indiscretion. It was 
offensive to the individuals present, and degrading to a fine university 
which prides itself on "encouraging contributions toward the well-being of 
humanity".  My husband, Neil, who was a Pike at SU in the seventies, joins me 
in this request.

Thank you,

Kay Mann
29 Inverness Parkway
Houston, Texas 77055