Subject: Re: Schaffer Land Option - Pontiac Site
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 06:17:00 -0800 (PST)

Is the October 13, rev 3 the final version?

Kay

Rusty Stevens
11/01/2000 12:26 PM
To: Kay Mann/Corp/Enron@Enron, Kathleen Carnahan/NA/Enron@Enron
cc: Fred Mitro/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re: Schaffer Land Option - Pontiac Site  

The tract is a 29.46 acre parcel that is just west of the site for our 
plant.  We need to secure it to prevent other houses from being built on our 
perimeter (sound receptors).  We have just worked hard to buy the other two 
houses adjacent to the property to fix this problem.  Its a nice situation 
since the tract is long and narrow, so we get maximum sound receptor 
protection for minimal acreage purchases.  I had sent a memo to Karen Way a 
while back asking them to work on this and you cautioned me to make sure I 
ran kick off of outside counsel on a project past you first (if that jogs 
your memory).  

Anyway, this is a finishing touch on Pontiac, and I have promised the 
landowner a document a while back, so I would appreciate our turning it to 
him in the near future.  I have been preoccupied on some stuff in Florida, 
but feel badly that we haven't gotten this out to this guy sooner.  I will 
make the apology phone call (blame the big company lawyers - of course) and 
let him know its on its way and not to give up on us.

Kathleen and I have already discussed this today.

How's everything going by the way ?  Long time no see.

Kay Mann
11/01/2000 11:27 AM
To: Rusty Stevens/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Kathleen Carnahan/NA/Enron@Enron 

Subject: Re: Schaffer Land Option - Pontiac Site  

Rusty,

You are going to have to refresh my recollection as to this piece of land.  
Kathleen, could you please get with Rusty or Fred to see what's up.

Thanks,

Kay

Rusty Stevens
10/31/2000 11:26 AM
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], Kay 
Mann/Corp/Enron@Enron, Fred Mitro/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  

Subject: Schaffer Land Option - Pontiac Site

I wanted to send out a reminder to everyone that I had indicated to Mr. 
Schaeffer that we would be sending him a document last week and to suggest 
that we try to get something out to him this week if at all possible.  

Since our critical final zoning vote is next Thursday, I want to make sure we 
don't give him any reason to get "up in arms" over this issue and start 
thinking we have just been leading him along without intending to follow 
through on the deal.  Mark and Karen have done such an exemplary job on the 
zoning (record time) that I don't want anything to get in our way at the 
final moment.  Mr. Schaeffer is one of the wealthier and more influential 
farmers in the area, and has thus far been pretty quiet at the meetings, 
however, he pointedly cornered me at the end of our last meeting to ask about 
this issue.  Lets keep him happy.

Please let me know if we can get it out this week, so I can call him and 
apologize for the delay and give him a new improved delivery date of the 
draft documents.

Thanks.