Subject: Re: Rail
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 02:45:00 -0800 (PST)

Don't forget Mama and gettin' otta jail.

ckm

Alan Larsen@ECT
11/29/2000 10:32 AM
To: Barton Clark/HOU/ECT@ECT, Kay Mann/Corp/Enron@Enron
cc: Jeff G Slaughter/PDX/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re: Rail  

Thanks for your help.  I'm thinking maybe I can write a country and western 
song about all this.  Something like:  "Slow train out of Texas, tons of 
steel a rollin'. Headed up to Colorado,  CTs for natural gas a tollin'."   
Then of course, I'll need to get into beers and tears, and all the other 
necessary components of a good C&W ditty.  Thanks again.
 Al

Barton Clark
11/29/2000 09:30 AM
To: Alan Larsen/PDX/ECT@ECT
cc:  

Subject: Rail

Kay may be right about cargo like turbines, but I know in the coal business 
we heavily negotiated bulk commodity transportation agreements that governed 
our shipments, and it was not necessarily the railroad's way. However, for a 
one shot shipment, I think Kay is probably right, although we should have 
some leverage to get reasonable provisions re risk of loss, etc.
----- Forwarded by Barton Clark/HOU/ECT on 11/29/2000 09:28 AM -----

	Kay Mann@ENRON
	11/29/2000 09:26 AM
		 
		 To: Barton Clark/HOU/ECT@ECT, Alan Larsen/PDX/ECT@ECT
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Rail

Since you both asked the same question, I thought I would send an email.

The little I know about rail is that the railroads control the contracts.  
You do it their way.

There is a lot of language in the LM contract concerning shipment, risk of 
loss, insurance, delivery.  I haven't thought through it all, but these 
issues probably need to be considered.   It may be best to work through GE on 
a change order basis to have them handle the shipment and storage elsewhere.  
Otherwise, we run the risk of having a dispute with them later about any 
problems or damage.  

I will be talking to GE this afternoon if you want the topic to be discussed 
then.

Good luck!

Kay