Subject: RE: GE Turbine Purchase Contract - Linden 7 site
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:58:00 -0700 (PDT)

I should be able to accomodate the schedule.

Kay

"Bob Licato" <[email-masked]> on 07/12/2000 03:46:26 PM
To: [email-masked]
cc: "Lisa Mellencamp" <[email-masked]> 

Subject: RE: GE Turbine Purchase Contract - Linden 7 site

---------------------- Forwarded by Bob Licato/ECP/HOU/ECT on 07/12/2000 03:21
PM ---------------------------

Bob Licato
07/12/2000 02:31 PM

To:   Lisa Mellencamp/HOU/ECT@ECT, [email-masked]
cc:   Chuck Tobias/ECP/HOU/ECT, Cliff Evans/ECP/HOU/ECT
Subject:  RE: GE Turbine Purchase Contract - Linden 7 site

I spoke to Jon Stroble of El Paso today and he as agreed to delay signing this
agreement until next week.   We need to get him any comments by close of
business on Monday, July 17.    Can you please review and get me comments 
ASAP.
thanks and sorry for the short notice.
---------------------- Forwarded by Bob Licato/ECP/HOU/ECT on 07/12/2000 02:15
PM ---------------------------

 (Embedded     Enron Capital & Trade Resources Corp.
 image moved
 to file:      From:  "Stroble, Jon"
 pic17929.pcx) <[email-masked]>
               07/10/2000 11:58 AM

To:   "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
cc:   "Abramson, Shelly" <[email-masked]>, "Kidd, Andrew"
      <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" 
<[email-masked]>,
      "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  RE: GE Turbine Purchase Contract - Linden 7 site

Cory,

Please see comments in attached file.  I changed the date to July 14th
assuming we can sign on this date.

 <<agree_6_13_00.doc>>    <<TsCs_6_28_00.doc>>      <<pricing_06_23_00.xls>>

I'm hoping you can rewrite these files incorporating these comments as well
as Shelly's comment below and Mike Neuman's comment from his 6/28 email
copied below.

Parent Guarantee-We feel the dollar amount for the parent guarantee should
be raised from $33Mill to $37mill to allow us some room in case of change
orders.  In any event, the Contract Price is approximately $35mill.

Thanks,
Jon

          -----Original Message-----
          From:     Abramson, Shelly
          Sent:     Friday, July 07, 2000 4:58 PM
          To:  [email-masked]'; Kidd, Andrew; Stroble, Jon
          Subject:  FW: GE Turbine Purchase Contract - Linden 7
site

          As per my previous e-mail.

          -----Original Message-----
          From:     Abramson, Shelly
          Sent:     Thursday, June 15, 2000 3:28 PM
          To:  Stroble, Jon; Kidd, Andrew; [email-masked]'; Baker,
Bob
          Cc:  Brown, Stephen
          Subject:  GE Turbine Purchase Contract - Linden 7 site

          Jon and I met with East Coast Power this morning to discuss
the contribution by El Paso of the GE Turbine for the Linden 7 Site.  The
assignment clause in the GE Terms and Conditions currently permits the
assignment by the buyer to an affiliate without GE's consent. The word
affiliate is not defined but we should be able to take the position, as a
49% equity owner in East Coast Power, that it is an El Paso affiliate.  I
would recommend that to clarify, we include the following clause after the
word affiliate in the Assignment Section: (including but not limited to East
Coast Power L.L.C.).  Andrew, Bob and Coralyn, pls advise if you would like
to take a different approach. I also expect that we will have a credit issue
when the Contract is assigned to ECP as GE is now, I believe, getting an El
Paso Energy Corp. Guaranty. According to Bob Licato at ECP, GE accepted an
ECP assignment without an Enron guaranty on Linden 6 due in part to the
presence of GECC as a lender/equity participant in ECP. We can discuss this
with GE when we inform them of the planned assignment to ECP.  Finally, I
would advise that when we get GE to sign a letter accepting the assignment,
we confirm that the GE warranties flow to ECP.

******************************************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it from El Paso
Energy Corporation are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender.
******************************************************************

(See attached file: agree_6_13_00.doc)
(See attached file: TsCs_6_28_00.doc)
(See attached file: pricing_06_23_00.xls)

 - pic17929.pcx
 - agree_6_13_00.doc
 - TsCs_6_28_00.doc
 - pricing_06_23_00.xls