Subject: RE: URGENT STOP PAYMENT: Writ of Garnishment of money due CIGSA served on EECC on April 10
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 01:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

yeah yeah yeah

From: Rob Walls/ENRON@enronXgate on 04/10/2001 04:24 PM
To: John Schwartzenburg/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Rob 
Walls/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc: Kay Mann@ENRON 

Subject: RE: URGENT STOP PAYMENT: Writ of Garnishment of money due CIGSA 
served on EECC on April 10

 if kay had only done her job. . . .(just kidding)  

 good luck john.

 -----Original Message-----
From:  Schwartzenburg, John  
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 2:27 PM
To: Rob Walls/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
Cc: Kay Mann@ENRON
Subject: Re: URGENT STOP PAYMENT: Writ of Garnishment of money due CIGSA 
served on EECC on April 10

Hey Rob, it's like deja vu all over again. 

You know, I tried to put spot lights and alarm sirens in the e-mail this 
time, but this should do it.  God save the fool that sends CIGSA money after 
this little note, but of course I am fighting the last war now, aren't I? (we 
won, but it killed us. we had to destroy the company to save it)

JWVS

John Schwartzenburg@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
04/10/2001 01:53 PM
To: Keith Dodson/NA/Enron@ENRON, Nigel 
Carling/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Steve 
Reistetter/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Stephen P 
Stein/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Keith 
Marlow/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Brian Stanley/EU/Enron@ENRON, 
Kenneth L Bean/HOU/EES@EES, [email-masked]@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Keith 
Dodson/NA/Enron@ENRON, Nigel Carling/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Keith Marlow/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Steve 
Reistetter/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Stephen P 
Stein/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Dan 
Shultz/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Joe 
Lakes/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Mark Brand@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Willie Williams/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Jude 
Rolfes/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Brian 
Stanley/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Kenneth L 
Bean/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, [email-masked]@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
[email-masked]@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, [email-masked], Scott 
Dieball/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENt, Randy Pais@Enron, Jim 
Desrochers/NA/Enron@Enron, Larry Bishop/NA/Enron@Enron, Robert 
Sevitz/NA/Enron@Enron, Cheryl Costa/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Brian D Barto/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, John G 
Rigby@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Claudia Santos@Enron, Wyndel McNamara@ENRON, Richard 
Murphy/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Shirley 
Oliver/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Kristi 
Dobbs/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Mayra Mendez@Enron, Angie 
Chappell/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc: Mark E Haedicke@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Richard B Sanders@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Robert Vote@ENRON, Joseph T Grajewski/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Mark Brand@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Michael Pearson/NA/Enron@Enron, Vladimir 
Gorescu/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT (bcc: Kay Mann/Corp/Enron)

Subject: URGENT STOP PAYMENT: Writ of Garnishment of money due CIGSA served 
on EECC on April 10

EECC has just been served with a writ of garnishment from the 333rd Judicial 
District Court of Harris County  in connection with a judgment against 
certain CIGSA entities. In the writ, the court very unambiguously and very 
plainly commands that EECC is not to pay any debt or deliver any property to 
CIGSA pending further orders from  the court. The writ was issued to enforce 
an judgment  for $1.3 million awarded by the court against CIGSA in favor of 
Richard P Estrada. EECC is also commanded to appear before the court and list 
all funds/assets in our possession that might belong to CIGSA,  and to 
disclose what other persons we know ofif any, that might have such funds or 
assets.  The lawyer for Mr. Estrada is the same lawyer who successfully 
garnished EECC in the past to collect sums owed other CIGSA judgment 
creditors. 

Please take this prohibition as applying even to cases where CIGSA might be 
entitled to the money or the property under our contracts with them, or where 
the funds or property are in joint venture acounts or custody in the US or 
Mexico until we have had a chance to review matters in detail and make a more 
accurate assessment. In the meantime, effective immediately, do not make ANY 
payments to or on behalf of, or release ANY property to or on behalf of, any 
CIGSA entity without first obtaining legal department approval. The court may 
impose penalties for violations  of its garnishment order.

We will assemble an appropriate litigation team to work onthis matter. Randy 
Pais will be handling this for EEOS legal. I suggest that Mike Pearson and 
Mark Brand get the word out to the Project Management and Project Control 
teams on  this matter ASAP.

JWVS