Subject: VEPCO/City of Rocky Mount
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 06:30:00 -0700 (PDT)

Allyson,

As you know, we have had discussions with the City of Rocky Mount regarding 
possibly buying gas from them for the new power plant in Edgecombe County.  
Evidently, the gas company has figured this out, and is not happy with this 
prospect.  We would like your opinion concerning the City's ability to (a) 
require that a tap be made so that the power plant be served and (b) sell gas 
to Enron for this purpose.  When considering these issues, please assume that 
the City would own and annex the land, and lease it to an Enron entity.

We will need the gas by next March or April, so time is critical.  Should the 
gas company decline, what is the appeal process and how long can it be 
expected to take?  Do you  have any suggestions for expediting the process?

I am having the contracts between the gas company and the City sent to you, 
and you should have them by Monday.

Thank you for your assistance,

Kay