Subject: LNG Strategy
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 01:13:00 -0700 (PDT)

Clay and I have completed our review visits in Korea and Japan.  I will be 
available in Houston starting the afternoom of 14 June and continuing through 
about end-June for PRC's and to discuss and finalize the Pacific Basin LNG 
strategy and organization issues that we highlighted when you were in Korea.  
As we discussed in Korea, I believe that if we intend to develop a Pacific 
Basin LNG business, (including the US west coast), we need to define and 
articulate a vision and strategy to the LNG group by the end of June or we 
risk having our Pacific team members drift away to our competitors.

There is a lot happening in the Pacific and our key people are well known and 
well thought of.  There is a genuine feeling within the team at this time 
that Enron's LNG focus is on North America/Atlantic basin and that there is 
little top management support for the commitment of time and resources to 
build a more global business.  

I'd like to set up a meeting with you to discuss this, preferably on 21 or 22 
June (i.e., right after the PRC reviews).  I need some advance warning on a 
date because I want Clay and Wayne to be there and they both have a heavy 
travel schedule to manage.

Thanks,

Rick