Subject: Re: Ken Lay in California
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 01:24:00 -0700 (PDT)

Sounds like a plan.  Eric is the key to all your activities.
m

Kurt Lindahl@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
05/03/2001 05:58 PM
To: Mike McConnell/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Eric Gonzales/LON/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Re: Ken Lay in California  

Understood.  I will be in CA next week meeting with Socal and PGE.  With 
Socal, we plan to discuss their storage capabilities - to take vaporized LNG 
and provide a balancing service.  With PG&E we'll be looking for points where 
they could take gas into their system.  We wanted to be fairly specific, but 
not tip our hand regarding project timing or exact location.  Socal is 
scheduled to release their system study (to receive LNG) tomorrow.

I've requested a meeting next Friday in San Francisco with Jeff Dasovich 
(regulatory) and Sandi McCubbin (legislative) to explain our concept and get 
their input.  On Thursday, we meet with Samuel Wehn, works for Dave Parquet, 
who will tell us how he's permitted power plants in CA.  We'll ask for 
suggestions on local law & engineering firms, plus see what Sam can do to 
help us.

Any instructions?  If not, I'll proceed as planned.

Kurt

To: Eric Gonzales/LON/ECT@ECT
cc: Kurt Lindahl/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT 

Subject: Re: Ken Lay in California  

Kurt, 

I agree with Eric.   California is very dangerous right now and we would need 
something very real to bring this to his attention.  Steve Kean  really liked 
the idea but only after we were ready to rock and roll.

Mike

Eric Gonzales
05/03/2001 10:39 AM
To: Kurt Lindahl/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc: Mike McConnell/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Re: Ken Lay in California  

Kurt,

I spoke to Ken roughly a month ago regarding our desire to have a terminal on 
the west coast.  His initial impression was that given the climate there for 
new build asset approvals this would be extremely difficult.  He preferred 
the Mexico import idea.  Before we ask Ken to get involved I think we need at 
least a skeleton of a project.

Eric

Kurt Lindahl@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
02/05/2001 21:49
To: Mike McConnell/HOU/ECT@ECT, Eric Gonzales@ECT
cc:  

Subject: Ken Lay in California

Mike/Eric,

Jody Crook & I met this afternoon with Robert Neustadter to review Socal 
storage tariffs.  Robert explained that he had been working flat out to 
prepare materials for Ken Lay who left this morning with Jeff Dasovich to 
meet with senior government officials in California to discuss solutions to 
the energy crisis.

Might be an opportunity to drop the message that we are working on LNG 
solutions and hope to get the politicians support when we make definitive 
proposals?

Kurt