Subject: RE: New Spread Functionality
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 00:59:00 -0700 (PDT)

John, thanks for the follow up.  I will forward your email to Andy Zipper, 
who is in charge of EOL.  This will be taken care of with the priority it 
deserves.  Jeff

 -----Original Message-----
From:  Chismar, John  
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 5:28 AM
To: Shankman, Jeffrey A.; Nowlan, John
Cc: Mahoney, Chris; Markey, Patrick
Subject: Re: New Spread Functionality

Jeff, John  - this is where we need some help.  At our meeting in New 
York,several of the
presenters expressed dissatisfaction with the Products Control Group.  One of 
the 
issues in my presentation was time spreads.  Since Oct of 2000 we have been 
trying 
to put this out in Sing because it was much more liquid and carried lower 
risk than the 
flat price trading we are doing now on EOL.   PCG kept trying to force feed 
us a 
format based on US Nat Gas.  This setup would not be acceptable to our 
customers. 
In the meantime ICE beat us to the punch and started offering time spreads in 
March.  

We finally got this sorted out and now have a format ( though not the best) 
that is workable 
and able to be put on line.  However, we are dismayed to see their response 
that they
don't want to waste their time putting other products on line until they see 
some liquidity
in the one product they designed.   I may be naive but once they set up the 
one time spread
product it should be relatively easy to add additional products and or other 
types 
of spreads ( ie - quarter to quarter as opposed to month to month).

Any help is appreciated. 

John 
---------------------- Forwarded by John Chismar/SIN/ECT on 05/03/2001 06:14 
PM ---------------------------

Patrick Markey
05/03/2001 01:53 PM
To: John Chismar/SIN/ECT@ECT
cc:  

Subject: Re: New Spread Functionality

John,

Listed below is the e-mail that we rec'd from the PCG group in London re: our 
request for more spread-type products.

Thanks,

Pat

---------------------- Forwarded by Patrick Markey/HOU/ECT on 05/03/2001 
01:52 PM ---------------------------

Caroline Duggan
04/27/2001 05:00 PM
To: Patrick Markey/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Amita Gosalia/LON/ECT@ECT, Enron London - EOL Product Control 
Group/LON/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Re: New Spread Functionality   << OLE Object: StdOleLink >> 

Hi Pat, 

The SG Dubai Time Spread has now been approved by all the relevant 
departments and will be uploaded over the weekend. 

With regards to the other products you have requested, creating time spreads 
for the Tapis, SG 180 HSFO, SG380 HSFO, SG Kero, SG Gasoil & SG Naphtha, this 
will involve creating 6 whole new product types. At this point in time, we 
have a restriction as to how many new product types we can create and we are 
currently working on numerous product launches for the other trading groups. 

Before we go ahead creating more SG product types, we do need to see more 
trading activity in order to justify having to create 6 more new product 
types. 

If you have any questions, please let me know. 

Regards 
Caroline 

Patrick Markey
27/04/2001 04:35
To: John Chismar/SIN/ECT@ECT, Richard Slovenski/SIN/ECT@ECT, Hans 
Wong/SIN/ECT@ECT
cc: Patrick Markey/HOU/ECT@ECT, Carol Chew/SIN/ECT@ECT, Caroline 
Duggan/LON/ECT@ECT 

Subject: New Spread Functionality

All,

When you are ready, we can show you how the spread functionality will work on 
EnronOnline.  Still trying to ascertain when these products will be up and 
running.  We have a test server that can be used to test these products.  We 
are asking for spreads on the following products: Dubai, Tapis, SG 180 HSFO, 
SG 380 HSFO, SG Kero, SG Gasoil, SG Naphtha.  If there are any other time 
spread products that you guys would like, please let me know.

Thanks,

Pat

Caroline - What do we need to do to get the other product descriptions routed 
through the system?  I know that you have the Dubai description.  Also, we 
have already created the Tapis, SG 180 HSFO, SG380 HSFO, SG Kero, and we have 
the crack spread for the SG Naphtha.  Therefore, is it necessary for us to 
create all the product descriptions and forward them to you.