Subject: Re: an invitation
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 05:30:00 -0700 (PDT)

Mike McConnell has been out of the office traveling on business and he asked 
me to respond to your message on his behalf.  Mike asked me to pass along his 
sincere thanks for your message and for the invitation, however, he moved out 
of Enron Net Works and the technology area of Enron effective last August and 
is no longer involved in that area of the business.  

Please note that by way of this message, I am sending a copy to Philippe 
Bibi, CEO, Enron Net Works.  You may contact Philippe if you are interested 
in obtaining a speaker from the technology area of Enron.  

Thank you again.

Cathy Phillips for
Mike McConnell

"Saunders, Carol S" <[email-masked]> on 04/20/2001 12:41:46 PM
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
cc:  
Subject: an invitation

Mr. McConnell,

I am a Management Information Systems professor at the University of
Oklahoma.  I heard you speak about EnronOnline approximately a year ago
during one of your visits to the University of Oklahoma.  I was captivated
by your talk and continue to be impressed with EnronOnline's success in the
world of e-business.

With this email I am inviting you to serve on a panel that I am assembling
for the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) in New
Orleans, Louisiana on December 16-19, 2001.   ICIS is the premiere
conference for IS academicians and is described at
http://isds.bus.lsu.edu/icis2001/ Approximately 1200 IS researchers and
professors from around the world, as well as IS practitioners, are expected
to attend this year's conference. Thus, this conference has a very broad
reach within the IS academic community. The panel would be a wonderful venue
to share with the IS research and teaching community the e-business inroads
that EnronOnline is making.  

The topic of the panel would be to explore your projections and that of the
other panelists about how electronic exchanges may morph over the next five
years.  You would also be asked to describe the business model used by
EnronOnline, and talk about factors promoting its success and issues
warranting attention for its future growth. 

The other three panelists would be myself, Arun Rai (Professor at the
eCommerce Institute at Georgia State University), and Marshall McGraw
(Business Services Manager for Information & Technology Services at Phillips
Petroleum).  The panel would last approximately 11/2 hours, but I would not
know the specific day (i.e., Dec 17th, 18th or the morning of Dec 19th)
until early Fall.

I would like to call you and talk with you about your interest in serving on
the panel.  I will call you on Monday (after you have had some time to
recover from your latest trip to Norman).

Sincerely,

Carol Saunders
W.P. Wood Professor of MIS
University of Oklahoma
405-325-5732 (work)
405-579-8940 (home)
405-325-7482 (fax)
[email-masked]