Subject: Re: Potential visit of Chavez to Houston for Astros opening day
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:29:00 -0800 (PST)

John and all,
Please keep me informed on the progress.  Mark Frevert and I would like to 
meet him.
mike

John Ambler@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
03/18/2001 12:26 PM
To: Emilio Vicens/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc: Mike McConnell/HOU/ECT@ECT, Eric Gonzales@ECT, Guido 
Caranti/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Habiba 
Bayi/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Keith Miceli@Enron, David 
Tagliarino@ECT, Dennis Vegas/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, greg 
grissom 
Subject: Re: Potential visit of Chavez to Houston for Astros opening day  

Emilio,

In David's absence, Habiba has been in touch with Greg Grissom of the sports 
marketing group.  Greg has confirmed that the Astros have tentatively planned 
for President Chavez to throw out the first pitch on May 18.  We are 
exploring the possibility of a reception or other opportunity in cooperation 
with the Astros.  As you suggested, we'll also look into other potential 
contacts.  

I will be back in Houston on Thursday and Keith Miceli will be next Monday.  
Since it will likely take several weeks to flesh out the opportunities, I'd 
like to suggest that we limit e-mails to a work group of Habiba, Keith, Greg, 
you and me until we have more details to review with Mike and Eric.  If you 
are going to be in Houston during the next two weeks, I'd recommend that we 
meet.  In the interim, we will keep you apprised of further developments.     

John

Emilio Vicens
03/15/2001 02:30 PM
To: John Ambler/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc: Mike McConnell/HOU/ECT@ECT, Eric Gonzales@ECT, Guido 
Caranti/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Habiba 
Bayi/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Keith Miceli@Enron, David 
Tagliarino@ECT, Dennis Vegas/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT 

Subject: Re: Potential visit of Chavez to Houston for Astros opening day  

John and the rest of the team,
Here are some additional data points:
1. In a meeting between Jeff Skilling and President Chavez in late-2000 (I 
was in the meeting), Jeff invited Chavez to Enron Field as our guess. 
Obviously, Chavez was only visiting the city for a just hours and I believe 
the season started just a few days later. In any case, we have already done 
some previous lobby to get President Chavez to the Stadium. This may help 
whoever is managing the contant with the Astros (probably David T.).
I will probably not get much additional input from Caracas. Nevertheless, I 
strongly suggest that we position Enron as close as we can to this 
opportunity (we will later see if President Chavez actually make it to 
Houston);
2. In addition, in previous trips to Houston and in several ocassions, I 
believe Chavez has always met with George Bush senior and Mr. Mosbacher. I 
would not be surprised if he do it again. Probably your team can also target 
these efforts and keep the action at all fronts;
Please keep me informed. I would like to be involved as much as possible to 
move this ahead.
Emilio

John Ambler
03/14/2001 01:56 PM
To: Emilio Vicens/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc: Eric Gonzales@ECT, Mike McConnell/HOU/ECT@ECT, Guido 
Caranti/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Habiba 
Bayi/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Keith Miceli@Enron, David 
Tagliarino@ECT, Dennis Vegas/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT 

Subject: Re: Potential visit of Chavez to Houston for Astros opening day  

Emilio,  

We would be very pleased to pursue this.  By copy of this message I am asking 
David Tagliarino, who heads the sports marketing group to get more 
information and opportunities through our contacts with the Astros and Enron 
Field.  I am in India and Keith Miceli, who covers South America for 
international public relations, is in Brazil.  While we are out of pocket, 
I'm asking Habiba Bayi, who directs PR support for EGM, to coordinate our 
involvement.  (Although international PR will manage meetings, functions, and 
general support/strategy for this, I also am copying Dennis Vegas since 
sports marketing reports into him.  As soon as they have information on the 
potential opportunities, we will get back to you with that information and a 
suggested program.  If your contacts in Venezuela yield additional details, 
please let us know.  Otherwise we will pursue it from this end and keep you 
apprised and involved in the decision making process.

John  

Emilio Vicens
03/13/2001 03:58 PM
To: Eric Gonzales@ECT, Mike McConnell/HOU/ECT@ECT, John 
Ambler/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc: Guido Caranti/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT 

Subject: Potential visit of Chavez to Houston for Astros opening day

Mike and Eric,

It was in the newspaper in Caracas today that Chavez is invited by the Astros 
(Drayton McLane) to be the guess of honor for the opening night. The Astros 
played some exhibition games in Venezuela last weekend.  This is obviously a 
wonderful opportunity for us to get closer to Chavez. Can we do something to 
be part of this activity with the Astros?, I copied John Ambler to see how we 
can coordinate the efforts from today. We should not miss this opportunity if 
it really happen!!

Emilio