Subject: Important Move Information
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:13:00 -0700 (PDT)

Our relocation to the new building is fast approaching and there are several 
important move related items that I would like to stress at this time.  I 
would appreciate your cooperation with the key move issues that are outlined 
below:

IMPORTANT - A special building tour has been scheduled for the EGM business 
unit heads receiving this message.  Jeff and I, along with Bill Donovan, 
would like to invite you to join us for a tour on this Friday morning, June 
8th, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.  Even if you have already had an opportunity to 
visit the new building, we think this would be a great opportunity for all of 
us to see the space together and discuss any issues at that time.  Please 
contact Cathy Phillips at X-36898 if you plan to attend the tour.
New building floor plan modification requests will no longer be accepted.  
Any change requests that have already been received are currently being 
considered and will be conveyed to the appropriate business unit head.
If vacant positions exist and they will be filled before the move on August 
3rd, they need to be identified on all reports and floor plans with their 
name, NH (for new hire) and an approximate hire date.  Example:  Bob Smith NH 
7/25
Any space/move related questions or issues that may arise should be addressed 
by Cathy Phillips.  Please do not contact Susan Lopez for any space related 
issues.  Jeff and I have asked Cathy and Jennifer Burns to be responsible for 
the allocation of space in the new building and they are keeping us well 
informed as to the progress and any issues as they arise.
Jeff and I are very aware that space is very tight in the new building and we 
will be addressing growth and additional space needs and issues in the near 
future.
A limited number of Turret phones will be available in the new building.  The 
Turret phones will be assigned to traders and their assistants only.  
Everyone else on the floor will receive a new upgraded version of the Lucent 
phone (with the existing phone numbers).  Please contact Jennifer Burns if 
you have any questions or issues related to phones.
All private team rooms, offices and conference rooms have been assigned and 
there are no more available for assignment to the individual groups or 
people.  On the 3rd floor we will have the following public conference space 
available by making reservations (specific scheduling details to follow 
later):
1 Mega conference room
1 Large conference room with videoconference capabilities
1 Large conference room - no videoconference 
3 Team rooms
File space on the floor is being upgraded and allocations of file space will 
be made for each group.  Every attempt is being made to have the assigned 
file space as close to each individual group as possible.
At this time, details related to food deliveries and distribution have not 
been resolved.  Your patience and flexibility with all food related issues 
will be appreciated.  It is highly probable that food service in the new 
building will be very difficult at first and as we get closer to the move 
date, more information will be provided related to food service, deliveries 
and distribution.
Since Jeff and I both already keep Cathy and Jennifer very busy, we would 
appreciate it if you would send all your comments, questions, or issues to 
them via e-mail.  They have agreed to make themselves available every Monday 
at 4:30 p.m. to meet with anyone to discuss their questions.  Please make 
arrangements with them directly to meet regarding your issues.
There will be a 60 day freeze on any building changes once we move into the 
new building.

I understand that this is a difficult process and that there are a lot of 
questions and issues, but Jeff and I are convinced that this will be great 
and everything will work out in time.  Thank you for your cooperation and 
assistance in making this transition to the new building as smooth as 
possible.

Mike