Subject: Media Interview - Oxy/Saudi Gas Projects
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 23:33:00 -0800 (PST)

further to my voicemail
---------------------- Forwarded by Rick Bergsieker/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT on 
12/21/2000 07:33 AM ---------------------------

	
	From:  Katrin Haux                           12/20/2000 02:56 PM

To: Mark Palmer@ENRON, Karen Denne@ENRON
cc: John Ambler/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Rick 
Bergsieker/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Terence H 
Thorn/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Mac 
McClelland/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Cindy Derecskey@ECT 

Subject: Media Interview - Oxy/Saudi Gas Projects

We just were informed that as per request of their CEO, Occidental has 
scheduled a media interview with Reuters (in approximately one hour), 
publicizing that the company has been short listed and signed a letter of 
intent to participate in Saudi Arabia's recent energy initiative.  John has 
asked me to forward Oxy's planned statement as well as our planned response 
to possible media inquiries resulting from this (see attachments).  He does 
not anticipate any problems with the document and he recommends that we 
should allow Oxy to include Enron in the statement.  I received legal 
approval on both statements and we are currently securing approval from 
Global Markets.

Katrina,
> This is what I would propose saying to the media:
>
> "Occidental is pleased to have made the short list of companies invited to
> submit letters of intent to develop the Kingdom's natural gas reserves.
> Occidental has been invited to submit proposals of 2 of the 3 ventures
> approved by the government.  Occidental (and our partner Enron) have
> signed a letters of intent and submitted them to the Kingdom.  The
> government of the Kingdom is to be commended for the exceptionally
> professional manner in which they have managed this process and the many
> courtesies they have extended the participants.  The government has laid a
> strong foundation for the development an excellent working relationship
> with private foreign investors in the energy sector who will be working in
> partnership with the Kingdom in future years."
>
> Larry Meriage

In the event we will receive any media inquires related to this matter, I 
have prepared the following statement:

"We can confirm that in partnership with Occidental,  we have been short 
listed and we have signed a letter of intent to pursue future gas 
opportunities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.  We are pleased to have the 
opportunity to work with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; however, it would be 
inappropriate for us to comment further at this time."

I apologize for the short time frame, but please let me know if you have any 
objections or concerns regarding this matter.  Thanks.