Subject: Re: Question from all-employee meeting
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 05:17:00 -0700 (PDT)

Erin, here are a couple of responses.  Please rewrite as you see fit.  
Mike

1. Agriculture.    We are currently looking at and studying the industry.  We 
have traded some commodities as well.  We believe that there may be large 
opportunities to apply the Enron model to the agriculture industry.  We have 
spent quite a bit of time an effort and are currently developing our 
strategy.  This is very early in development but we have high expectations in 
this area.  I don't feel comfortable going into more detail at this time.  
Gary Hickerson is responsible Enron's ag business.

2.  Rail.  We are looking at numerous opportunities in the rail and 
transportation businesses.  I haven't seen a lot on the electricity piece of 
rail.  It is an interesting concept and one that we will look at.   Dan Reck 
is now responsible for looking at transportation opportunities in the US.

10/10/2000 09:08 AM
Erin Rice@ENRON
Erin Rice@ENRON
Erin Rice@ENRON
10/10/2000 09:08 AM
10/10/2000 09:08 AM
To: Mike McConnell/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Question from all-employee meeting

Mike, have you had a chance to look at the questions below?  I'd like to post 
the responses while the meeting is still fresh in everyone's mind.

Thanks.

- er
----- Forwarded by Erin Rice/Corp/Enron on 10/10/2000 09:08 AM -----

	Erin Rice
	10/03/2000 02:11 PM
		 
		 To: Mike McConnell/HOU/ECT
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Question from all-employee meeting

Mike:

The following questions were asked but not addressed in today's all-employee 
meeting (no, they'renot about your wardrobe this time).  Would you please 
respond?  I will route to Ken, Jeff and Joe for approval, then post the 
questions and answers in eMeet.

Thanks for your help.

- Erin (Internal Communications)

What is our strategy/plan in agricultural commodities trading?
Energy opportunity:  Have you thought about supplying electricity to 
railtrack for its EC4T (Electric Current for Traction), i.e. all its traction 
power (overhead power lines and 3rd rail system).  The full idea has been 
submitted to eMeet.