Subject: Elba Island Intervention
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 05:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

Yesterday afternoon we filed an intervention on behalf of Enron in regard to 
SLNG's current FERC application to amend the original FERC certificate at 
Elba Island.  The application is to changeout the existing vaporizers at the 
terminal and to install blending facilities to deal with higher heat value 
LNG coming in to the terminal.

Our intervention gave general support to the filing but reserved the right to 
comment at a later time after further analysis of the impact of introducing 
high heat value LNG into the downstream pipelines had been completed.

The intervention has been fully reviewed by Shelley Corman and we believe, as 
a result, the tone of the document is not adversarial.  Further to this, we 
discussed the intervention with SLNG's FERC staff, and after incorporating a 
few minor changes they requested, confirmed with them that they had no strong 
objections to the filing.

A copy of the document filed at FERC is attached below.

If you have any questions please give me a call (x56249).

Thank you