Subject: India LNG
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:17:00 -0800 (PST)

Rick,  

While in Tokyo, Sanjay grabbed Jeff and me regarding redoing and re-looking 
at the existing LNG fuel deals for Dabhol.  The bottom line is that he 
believes that the government may have issues on actually performing post 
phase 2 and if we could redo the LNG contracts and allow more flexibility we 
could help them, thus help ourselves.  We need to look into this and I would 
like your initial opinion.  This is complex to say the least and it would 
involve using the ship differently than scheduled and diverting some of the 
Oman LNG to other markets with their approval.  He believes that there is 
some flexibility in the shipping and Oman contracts to address these issues.  
If it works we could create a long physical condition and an extra ship for 
transport.  Is there an opportunity here if all the cards fall into place?

Lets discuss when I am in Dubai.  Sanjay is not going to let it go so you 
need to think about who can look into this further.

Mike