Subject: Presentation to Skilling etc.
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 06:32:00 -0800 (PST)

Mike,
As you know, I have arranged for a meeting on December 6th among the Art
Committee and Jeff Skilling.  I feel that you should run this meeting.  I
would like to accomplish the following:

1) Discuss our Vision for the collection
2) Introduce Ned and Barry
3) Describe art locations in/outside the buildings
4) Discuss progress made to date and timetable
5) Discuss the process:  To what extent Jeff wants to be part of the
decision process going forward (i.e. is he comfortable approving our Vision
and having us implement? ...Or does he want veto power on each piece?)  The
latter would be cumbersome, and I personally would prefer the former, but we
definitely need clarification on this before we can proceed.
Questions right now for you:
1)   Would you like to invite Ken to join us in the meeting?
2) Ned cannot make it that day (first available day is Dec. 18th) so should
we postpone?  Barry is a "maybe".  Remember they are there to help us shape
a high quality collection and to make sure that we do not make any
purchasing "mistakes".
3) I have a first draft of the presentation, when can we meet to discuss it?
Following on our last meeting with Gensler, I am assembling a detailed list
of potential art locations by floor (including dimensions when possible) so
that we have a Master from which to work.  I will run it by Bonnie McCloud
and Bill Donovan to assure its accuracy.
Lastly, I have asked Bill Viola (the video artist for the work we are
considering) to come down to Houston to meet with us and with Gensler to
discuss where his piece might fit in the new building.  I have also placed a
call  Rob and Gregg at Pelli to let them know that I would like for them to
meet with a wonderful up and coming artist (Olafur Eliasson) who would like
to propose a "water piece" for the circular drive.  You will recall that
Pelli would very much like to have a water piece there.  Eliasson is very
well respected and innovative: He's created waterfalls that flow "up" and
wonderful minimal installation pieces that are quite beautiful.  I've asked
his gallery to let us know if he could meet with Pelli in Connecticut or in
Houston on their next trip.
Lastly, Enron has purchased the Alex Katz painting that is currently hanging
in 50M.  Please call me so I can brief you on how that happened.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Lea

 - Enron Art Collection Vision.doc