Subject: Enron Art Idea
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:56:00 -0800 (PST)

Mike,
;
Following up on your voicemail earlier today, below is a summary of our ideas 
regarding additional options for acquiring artwork.; If you would like to 
discuss further, we would be happy to address our ideas in greater detail.
;
Derryl
;
;

Enron Art ) An Alternative Approach

;
;
Global Strategic Sourcing proposes an alternative to the traditional process 
utilized when sourcing art for Enron Center South. 
;
We recommend dividing the artwork requirements for the new headquarters into 
three categories:
;
1.;;;;;; 1.;;;;;; Source artwork using your existing process.; 
;
2.;;;;;; 2.;;;;;; Include pieces that would be displayed in a specific area 
of the building and rotated on a schedule authorized by your committee.; 
Utilizing a contest format, these pieces would be submitted by community 
members of all ages and ethnic backgrounds including area high school, 
college and university students, who exhibit an interest in art.; Entry 
requirements for this segment could be centered around an Enron-based theme, 
such as innovation, energy or communication.; Rewards for winning entries 
could be provided to individual artists, as well as teachers, professors or 
the recipient,s institution.; Emphasis would be placed on the community 
relations aspect of the program and would, at the same time, demonstrate 
Enron,s desire to be a good corporate citizen.; 
;
3.;;;;;; 3.;;;;;; Obtain higher-quality pieces from artists who may or may 
not have international recognition, but whose works would be an asset to the 
world-class operations center being constructed. Enron,s public relations 
departments in the U.S. and abroad, could serve as points of contact for 
identifying this talent on a world-wide basis and for generating publicity 
for the program.; This competition would focus on lesser-known artists and 
provide Enron with an opportunity to discover new ideas and fresh 
perspectives, while emphasizing the artist's true creative spirit.; With this 
new approach, your committee will have the opportunity to obtain high caliber 
pieces from a variety of creators, while at the same time provide the artists 
with international recognition and financial rewards.; 
;
Specific program rules, regulations and reward options for the above 
categories of artwork would be at your discretion.; 
;
The following objectives could be achieved by implementing this alternative 
approach:; 
;
?;;;;;;;; obtain quality artwork for Enron Center South
?;;;;;;;;; strengthen Enron,s community and international relations, while 
supporting Fine Arts Programs on a world-wide basis.
?;;;;;;;;; develop Enron,s image of a company rich in innovation, integrity 
and excellence 
?;;;;;;;;; demonstrate the value of diversity among all people and cultures, 
regardless of ethnic and/or social status, and
?;;;;;;;;; contribute potential savings to Enron,s bottom line.
;
;