Subject: i2
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 02:52:00 -0700 (PDT)

John,

We have discussed i2 in the past  but we need to take some action steps to 
make decisions and move forward.  Here is what I want to see done in short 
order.

Meeting with all key technologist on the full suite of products and 
functionality with complete demonstration by i2.  I would especially want PB, 
JP, BP, HE, and JG from George's group.
Follow-up meeting (after the technologists see functionality and form 
opinions and possible applications) with key commercial leaders:  GP -  P&P; 
TG - CommodityLogic; BG - Metals and steel;  JF - New Markets and 
Investments; AS - New Markets and Bus Dev.  During that meeting, we need to 
have some real players with i2 there to brainstorm and discuss business 
expansion opportunities in the specific verticals.  It would be good to 
actually have this meeting in Dallas but I am concerned about attendance.  i2 
owns the process and supply/downstream management in these industries and we 
need to really look to see if our combination can accelerate our new efforts 
and solve any logistic issues.
Put together an action plan.  George's group has already put a presentation 
together about i2, the products and possible applications.  George, please 
sent that to John.  I would like that document to be our updated business 
plan for i2 to be used as a "living" document as we move forward.
Assign someone to make and co-ordinate the use and full deployment of those 
products (utilize our $10 million spend).  I want someone to have the 
responsibility for i2 and he or she can also work with EBS on what they are 
doing also.  To be clear, we have spent the $10 million already but are not 
using the products.  I want to deploy all (if possible) and make this 
investment fully utilized.  I do understand that we don't drive businesses 
around a pre-purchased product but we should look at is as a sunk cost and 
rationalize why we shouldn't use if rather that simply considering it as an 
option.
Jason Robert, (469) 357-6737, was at the dinner with Sanjiv, Greg Brady, Jeff 
and Greg and he knows some of the mutual objectives.  He would be the guy to 
work with and set it all up.
EBS should be involved as well.  Rex Shelby is spending a lot of time with 
i2, weekly visits, and should also participate and use their products as well.
Is there an application for all of EES and their business?
Remember, Ken Lay is considering joining their board and we should be able to 
give him very clear insight on their products and how their company works.
PB, if you want someone outside Pavetto's group  to work on this that is fine 
but i want to understand the background and how they will make this happen. 

Thanks and please let me know your initial thoughts and timing.  If you need 
to have me send out an email to make sure that everyone understands the 
priority, please draft up and I'll send out.

Mike