Subject: Re: Global LNG's Contacts with Japanese Trading Companies, Nissho Iwai in Particular
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 05:59:00 -0700 (PDT)

Rick,

As Mike probably also mentioned we have the attention at the top of NIC.  
Both Frevert and McConnell got a good taste of their commitment during a 5+ 
hour meeting two weeks ago.  I will be in Houston this coming week to speak 
with the different product heads about Project Sato (NIC) and help establish 
some priorities with them.  We should try to establish some time to speak.

Coordination on this becomes critical to show results as quickly as 
possible.  I plan on speaking with Eric and Jonathan next week as well.

Joe

Joseph P. Hirl
Enron Japan Corp.
81 3 5219 4500
81 3 5219 4510 (Fax)
www.enron.co.jp

	Rick Bergsieker@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
	05/26/2001 02:59 AM
		
		 To: Zdenek Gerych/ENRON@enronXgate @ ENRON
		 cc: Joseph P Hirl/AP/ENRON@ENRON, 
Gonzales@/O=ENRON/OU=NA/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=NOTESADDR/CN=183AB43D-9A04007E-862565
9F-3749E9@EX@enronXgate@ENRON, Clay Harris/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
		 Subject: Re: Global LNG's Contacts with Japanese Trading Companies, Nissho 
Iwai in Particular

Joe:  Mike McConnell asked me to get involved with the Nissho Iwai 
discussions, in followup to the meetings that he and Mark Frevert had.

Clay and I are planning to be in korea for meetings on 4/5June.  We are then 
planing to come to Tokyo to see you and ePower on 6/7 June

FYI, both Clay and I have known Nissho Iwai for many,many years and, in fact, 
many of the LNG contracts that Nissho is involved with are contracts that 
Clay and/or I either helped put together or administered.

Will you be in Tokyo on 6/7 June?

From: Zdenek Gerych/ENRON@enronXgate on 05/25/2001 07:33 AM
To: Joseph P Hirl/AP/ENRON@ENRON
cc: Rick Bergsieker/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Gonzales@/O=ENRON/OU=NA/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=NOTESADDR/CN=183AB43D-9A04007E-862565
9F-3749E9@EX@enronXgate, Clay Harris/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT 

Subject: Global LNG's Contacts with Japanese Trading Companies, Nissho Iwai 
in Particular

Joe:

Following up on my phone conversation with Morten Erik today and in advance 
of your meetings in Houston next week, I would like to brief you about Enron 
Global LNG's recent contacts with Japanese trading companies.

We have tabled master spot LNG SPAs, in both FOB and ex-ship form, with 
Mitsubishi, Nissho Iwai, Itochu and Mitsui with the objective to discuss, 
negotiate and conclude these contractual arrangements by late fall this year.

Nissho Iwai represents a special case, though.  In addition to our 
discussions on the master spot LNG purchase contracts, we had previously 
talked with NIC about possible access to some of the LNG shipping capacity 
they control.  Also, during my meeting with Nissho Iwai earlier this week, 
they showed keen interest in connecting with Enron Global LNG's team 
developing the U.S. West Coast terminal opportunities.  NIC, with some other 
Japanese partners, has apparently been trying to develop a specific site in 
California (offshore concept) for some time and is now looking for a 
suitable, strong U.S. partner.  There will be an exploratory meeting held on 
this issue in Houston between Kurt Lindahl and NIC representatives (both from 
Tokyo and New York) probably in early June.

Please let me know if you need more information on this subject.

Regards,

Zdenek Gerych