Subject: Opportunity
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:32:00 -0800 (PST)

Louise,
I was clearing some old emails.   What ever happened with this guy?  Did you 
hire him or blow him off?  
Thanks,
Mike
---------------------- Forwarded by Mike McConnell/HOU/ECT on 10/31/2000 
12:34 AM ---------------------------

"Mathew, Joe" <[email-masked]> on 10/20/2000 06:01:04 PM
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
cc:  
Subject: Opportunity

Dear Mike, 

My name is Joseph Mathew and I used to work with Enron from 1996-1999, where 
I was last a commercial Director as of 1998.? I have worked very successfully 
with Greg Whalley, Jeff Shankman, Fred Lagrasta, John Arnold, Duane Hart, 
Amanda Martin, Harold Buchanan, among others in the past.? I had also 
authored a financial products paper with Louise Kitchens that was published 
by two European trade magazines in the spring of 1997.

I am currently a Vice President and Senior Officer of Chematch.com, a 
Houston-based online bulk petrochemical, polymer and fuel products trading 
exchange.? We founded the firm over one year ago, and things have been going 
quite well.

However, the landscape for our business model, industry market penetration, 
as well as increased competition has eroded the chance for strong revenue 
success of this company, and I wish to return to Enron, but staying within 
the dynamic, challenging high-tech areas, such as Enron Global Markets.

My responsibilities here at Chematch.com have been multiple-fold.? I have 
been directly responsible for the creation of the business strategy/plan (and 
its changes), the pro-forma financial statements and projections that 
permutate with the strategy, key strategic alliances with best of breed 
industry participants, venture capital raising process for three series of 
funding, the Investment Banking presentations/diligence/IPO work.

I currently head up all of the Chematch.com content, information and 
analytics efforts, for both cash and paper markets.? I also head up 
Petrochem.net, the sister company within Chematch.com.

Prior to joining Enron, I graduated from the University of Chicago with a 
Master of Business Administration in Analytic Finance and Accounting.? Prior 
to b-school, I worked on Wall Street for 3 1/2 years in investment banking 
and capital markets.

Attached is a copy of my resume.? My goal is to procure a challenging 
leadership position within your group in the capacity of Business 
Developement, Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisition, or Venture Capital.? 
I would be open to other suggestions.

Please review my resume when you get a chance.? I appreciate that you are 
very busy, but I would very much appreciate hearing back from you if you see 
a fit between what I can offer and what your group is doing.

Best Regards, 

Joseph P. Mathew 
Vice President-Information & Analytics 
CheMatch.com 
2900 North Loop West, Suite 1120 
Houston, TX 77092 

(Main):(713)681-6600 Ext. 2238 
(Cell):(832)423-7435 
(Fax) :(713)681-0906 
(E-mail):[email-masked] 

? 
 - JoeDoc.doc