Subject: Re: Japan trip
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 07:48:00 -0700 (PDT)

Joe, 

Thanks for the email.    I am looking forward to the trip and learning more 
about what you are doing thus how we can help.  If we would have had any idea 
that Europe could have been as big as it has become, we would have done some 
things differently and we can get a head start with Japan.  Thursday sounds 
great and just let me know about Friday.  Is Anthony in japan during the 
trip?  Remember,  I am not a technologist and therefore can't discuss 
technology specific applications just the business concepts and potential 
ideas and opportunities.

A couple of other questions about the trip.  Do you want me to make any 
presentations while i am there or simply talk about our plans?  Also, what is 
the appropriate dress code.  I am assuming suits but i didn't want to make 
any assumptions about new cultures.  Do you have any cultural facts that you 
can fax me about the do's and don'ts of both cultures?  Do I have clear 
instruction how to take the train from the airport.  I normally get a driver, 
I am uncomfortable in new countries that I can't speak any of the language.  
If there is a way to get lost, I'll find a way.

One more item, could you please have your assistant set up a message for me 
at the hotel.  I am usually very stiff and sore after a long trip and it 
really helps.  Make sure it gives me a enough time to arrive to the hotel 
after the trip.  I would also prefer a female if that is acceptable to the 
Japanese culture.

Thanks,
Mike

Joseph P Hirl@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
06/07/2000 07:25 PM
To: Mike McConnell/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Re: Japan trip  

Mike,

We are looking to accomplish a number of things while you are here over 
Thursday and Friday.  Thursday's schedule is fairly set, and we are working 
on Friday.  Thursday morning through to the afternoon we would present to you 
the current state of the business and the initiatives/proposition/etc for 
enron.co.jp.  This would take us through mid afternoon.  We would then go 
over to EPower and we would ask you to give a talk on the state of technology 
at Enron and the initiatives within Net Works.  We would bring EJ over to 
EPower for your talk.  Afterwards we would have drinks with the main 
commercial team at EPower and EJ.  Dinner to be arranged for a smaller 
group.  On Friday, we would like to use the time to set up some meetings with 
key IT/tech companies here in Japan.  To date, we have not yet met any of 
these companies, but there is currently an extraordinary amount of activity 
in the country.  We are looking to leverage some of Enron's banking 
relationships to get as high a level meeting as possible with the likes of 
Softbank.  We are also asking for other suggestions from the banks.  We are 
also considering a potential talk with the American Chamber of Commerce on 
Enron and Enron Technology.  The ACCJ is one of the most active and largest 
chambers in the world and bring in some quite interesting speakers.  We will 
have more on this.

For the weekend we have recd some suggestions from the Hotel and will pass 
these along to you shortly.

I will be travelling with you on Sunday on the trip to Seoul.

Joe

To: Joseph P Hirl/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc: Cathy Phillips/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Japan trip

Joe, 

I am looking forward to the upcoming trip.  

Everything is all set for Korea but what do you suggest as an agenda for my 
two days in Tokyo?  Also are there some presentations or items that i could 
review before I arrive that you believe might be helpful?  I will also be 
there over a weekend, I would like to do some site seeing on Sat and Sunday 
(my flight to Korea leaves on Sunday late afternoon).  I would appreciate 
some suggestions and I will need a guide, could you have someone arrange it 
for me?

Thanks, and Cathy will co-ordinate everything.

Mike