Subject: FW: TE Critical System Warning
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 06:03:36 -0800 (PST)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ordway, Chris 
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 7:56 AM
To: Boudreaux, Shanna; Garcia, Clarissa; Lamadrid, Victor; Townsend,
Judy; Versen, Victoria
Subject: FW: TE Critical System Warning

FYI...
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 12:00 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: TE Critical System Warning

November 27, 2001

TEXAS EASTERN TRANSMISSION, LP (Texas Eastern) continues to operate
under the Critical System Warning issued November 26, 2001.  Based on
anticipated system operations and weather conditions, as stated below,
Texas Eastern is requiring that all customers take immediate and prompt
steps to eliminate excess receipts and conform scheduled receipts to
actual deliveries. This system-wide warning is issued as a result of
actual receipts into the system significantly exceeding actual
deliveries. This Critical System Warning shall remain in place until
further notice.

Weather in the market area continues to be unseasonably mild and
shippers have been filling contract storage inventories in anticipation
of the coming winter heating season.  At this time, Texas Eastern's
storage capacity is approximately 98% full.  As a result, there is
virtually no storage capacity or line pack available for system
operational purposes and Texas Eastern cannot continue to absorb actual
imbalances left on the system.

Due to the critical nature of this situation, and the fact that Texas
Eastern no longer has the ability to further absorb imbalances being
left on the system, Texas Eastern requests that all customers coordinate
with their suppliers the actual quantities received into the system
match actual customer takes in the market area.  No due pipe gas will be
accepted into the system until further notice.

If immediate action does not result in reducing the current volume of
gas being left on the system, Texas Eastern may be forced to issue an
operational flow order ("OFO") requiring actual receipts of gas to match
actual deliveries out of the system, which will be subject to the OFO
non-compliance penalty of $25 per dekatherm.  In addition, and as
provided for in Texas Eastern's FERC Gas Tariff, Texas Eastern will take
any other actions as may be necessary to protect the integrity of its
system, including, but not limited to, suspension of OBA's.

*******************************************************************

NOTE:

Duke Energy Gas Transmission respects your online time and privacy.
You have received this email because you elected to subscribe. To
unsubscribe, login to the E-mail Notification Subscription page at
http://www.link.duke-energy.com/script2/Notification.asp
uncheck the appropriate checkbox, and click the Submit button.