Subject: FW: HSFA and AIMR membership
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 08:55:51 -0800 (PST)

-----Original Message-----
From: 	"Anderson, Donna F" <[email-masked]>@ENRON  
Sent:	Friday, January 04, 2002 1:22 PM
To:	Mckay, Jonathan
Cc:	[email-masked]'
Subject:	HSFA and AIMR membership

Jonathan:

Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Houston Society of
Financial Analysts. The AIMR web site is your best resource for information
and forms regarding AIMR and HSFA membership.

The HSFA has two categories of membership: Regular and Affiliate. In short,
requirements for Regular membership are a college degree, the successful
completion of Level 1 and three years of acceptable professional work
experience. Requirements for Affiliate membership are a college degree and
one year of acceptable work experience. "Acceptable work experience" is
defined as a professional position in finance or accounting.

The HSFA holds weekly lunch meetings from September to May. The meetings are
at noon on Wednesdays at the Houston Club downtown, 811 Rusk. In addition,
there are usually three or four annual events in the evenings. After you
become a member, you will be alerted by mail and e-mail about every meeting
and event. For more HSFA information, check out
https://www.aimr.org/socservices/socpage.asp?society=HOUSTON .

To join the Houston Society, you also have to be a member of the national
AIMR organization. For AIMR membership, go to
https://www.aimr.org/memservices/join/apply.asp and fill out the Membership
Application Form.

The HSFA currently requires you to have three sponsors: your supervisor and
two HSFA members, one of whom must be outside your firm. (If your supervisor
is an HSFA member, then only two sponsors are required.) If you do not know
any HSFA members, there are people who have volunteered to serve as
sponsors. Attached is a list; just give one of them a call. The form that
your sponsors will need is attached. They may send them in directly to AIMR
or to you. At AIMR, your application package is bundled together and sent to
me for approval. I send it back to AIMR, and they will alert you of your
membership status (and invoice you for dues) by mail. The whole process can
take five weeks or more, because AIMR only processes applications once a
month.

Please call me if you have any more questions.

Donna F. Anderson, CFA
AIM Funds
713-214-1097

 <<sponsor.doc>>
 <<sponsor.pdf>>

 - sponsor.doc 
 - sponsor.pdf