From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 03:36:00 -0800 (PST)

The T3 new disk storage technology and new database server for TAGG/ERMS 
database were successfully implemented last weekend. No problems have been 
reported. Nagesh and Ramesh reported performance improvement of CPR and 
RisktRAC. Although users have not noticed significant improvement of the 
system, we believe that performance gain will be seen when system load is 
high and that the new disk storage technology will provide us with better 
fall-tolerance and better performance in the long run.

I want to thank everyone involved in the implementation for the good work. 
Special thanks go to Michael Barber for his sacrifice of first two days of 
his vacation to configure the new server and disk and for his excellent work 
during the implementation. Many thanks also go to the DBAs, Alex Hsieh, Brian 
Ngo, Soo-Lian Ervin and Mable Tang for their diligent work in making database 
migration and performance measurement and in making sure of a smooth database 
migration. I want to specifically thank Nagesh Kavi for his great efforts of 
coordinating all system testing among development groups. I also want to 
thank Malcolm Wells, Wilford Stevens, Terry Sanvido, Dave Commensen and Jay 
Krish for their active support during the implementation. Many thanks also go 
to the Ganapathy Ramesh, Jeremy Wong, Ed Calderon, Dave Wei, Senthil 
Mayilsamy, Narasim Kasaru, Nayan Dattani, Ron Nolte and Mike Swain for their 
hardworking in testing all applications of related systems. Special thanks 
also go to Unify team for having made the implementation by the end of year 
2000 possible by swapping the server and the new T3 disks with TAGG/ERMS and 
for their cooperation during the implementation. Last but not least, I want 
to thank Jeff Gossett, Kam Keiser, Errol Mclaughli, Michelle Bruce, Shifali 
Sharma, John Swinney and Stacey White for their efforts of performing user 
acceptance testing on the New Year Eve day.

Thanks

Zhiyong