Subject: Re: Scope of work for Lost Creek SCADA installation
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 07:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

Chris,

To follow up the phone message I left you this morning, Gerald provided me 
with the address, so the only other outstanding issues are (1) the expected 
date of completion and (2) the Affiliate contact person, both of which are 
highlighted on the attached Affiliate Work Offer.  Call me if you have any 
questions or comments.  

Thanks,

Eric Gillaspie
713-345-7667
Enron Building 3886

	Chris Sonneborn
	08/08/2000 02:32 PM
		 
		 To: Eric Gillaspie/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 cc: Lal Echterhoff/HOU/ECT@ECT, Audrey Pullen/HOU/ECT@ECT, Gregory 
Lind/HOU/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: Scope of work for Lost Creek SCADA installation

Eric, this is a copy of the scope of work that I forwarded to Pat Flavin.  It 
will need some clean-up to put it into the contract, but this should give you 
a flavor of what I am working toward.

Thanks,
Chris Sonneborn
(713) 853-6530 - phone

==============================================================================
====
--------------------------------------------------------   cut here    
----------------------------------------------------------------------
==============================================================================
====
Timeline:
 Purge and pack pipeline 8/15/2000
 First flow to CIG/WIC  8/19/2000

SCADA:
 6 total meter sites

 SCADA Software versions:
Enron Modbus CM1 95Q013 Ver 2.20c
Daniels GC Comm2 95Q013 Ver 2.20c
Enron EFM 95Q13 Rev 2.20f 8/99

 At North end of pipeline (Lysite/Lost Cabin production office):
There are three meter stations at the north end of the Lost Creek pipeline.  
They are the Fred Novotny, Keith Baker, and the Madden West meters.  Each of 
these is a Fisher ROC 360 which needs to be set up with an MDS 9810 radio and 
a yaggi antenna.  They will be polled using a master radio to be located at 
the Burlington Resources Lysite office nearby.  This master radio's antenna 
will be mounted on a shared tower with the existing BR master radio system 
for the Madden Field area.  The Lost Creek radio will operate on a different 
hopping frequency.  Poll requests will be sent from Houston via VSAT and/or 
analog phone.  A phone modem and a VSAT are to be installed at BR's Lysite 
production office and connected to the master radio through a PanelTec 
device.  The VSAT should have the master port.

Each of the RTU's is installed in a portable building, along with a 
chromatograph and other equipment.  110/220V power should already be 
available at each of the sites.

At Sand Draw:
A small meter (7 mmscf/d) will be located at  Sand Draw, WY.  This is another 
Fisher ROC 360.  We would like to install a cell-phone modem for this device, 
as it will be polled infrequently, and is not of a critical nature.  Again, 
power should already be available onsite.  Lost Creek does not require analog 
dial-around capabilities at this meter.

At South end of line (Wamsutter Plant):
There are two meter stations, a plant, and a compressor that must be 
monitored here.  To do this, we have two Fisher ROC 360's and a Rosemount 
Delta V.  One Fisher ROC and the Delta V are installed at the Lost Creek 
Wamsutter plant site.  The other RTU will be installed at the CIG/WIC 
interconnect site approximately 3000 (?) feet away.  This remote RTU's data 
will be collected using an MDS 9810 radio system and yaggi antenna back to 
the Lost Creek plant site, where a master radio with a 360 degree antenna is 
to be installed.  All three devices will be polled from Houston via either 
VSAT, 56K dedicated line, or standard phone system.  The current debate over 
the VSAT versus the 56K line will be decided shortly, based on decisions by 
Enron IT security.  Greg Lind should have more details soon.  Again, we would 
like to install a PanelTec to provide dial-around capabilities should we have 
problems with the VSAT/56K line.

The RTU for the CIG/WIC interconnect is currently in a chromatograph building 
at our staging area, and is programmed to handle flow through an orifice tube 
meter.  The CIG and WIC meters are ultrasonics.  This will require a 
reprogramming of the RTU.  Is this something that can be done by HMS, or 
should I simply order a brand new RTU for the CIG/WIC interconnect and have 
it built correctly from scratch?  Whether I use the one we already own, or 
order a new one, I will have to have RTUs for both the CIG/WIC interconnect 
as well as the chromatograph building I am talking about raiding.  Thoughts?  
Either way, I believe this is a tight, if not downright impossible, timeline 
to meet for this particular interconnect point in terms of SCADA telemetry.  
Please correct me if I am wrong.  Finally, we are working on the required 
legal documentation to allow Lost Creek personnel and contractors access to 
the CIG/WIC meter site to perform the installation.

Equipment:
Enron (Mike Moore) will place the orders for the VSATS and phone lines.  Pat, 
I believe that you know how this works normally, with the breakout between 
Hughes and commisioning the VSAT and HMS and connecting the RTU and VSAT.  
(<--- This piece is currently on hold, as we are looking at the possibility 
of using a 56K line at Wamsutter and CDPD at the Lysite production office)

Enron will provide the MDS 9810 radios and masters.  Enron will provide 
antennas for the MDS 9810 radios at the RTU's, the Lysite production office, 
and at the Wamsutter plant site.  

Enron will provide the cell-phone modem and cell service for the Sand Draw 
meter site.  

Enron will provide both of the PanelTecs.  

Standard phone modems are already installed on all of the Fisher ROCs.  One 
of these should be used at the Lysite office for dial-around capabilities.  
Another one should be used at the Wamsutter plant to provide dial-around 
capabilites.

Installation:
HMS will install and test all radio systems, including cabling, and the 
antennas at the Wamsutter and Lysite production office sites.
HMS will perform final connections between VSATS and PanelTecs and test 
communications throughput. (if necessary)
HMS will perform final connections between 56K line and PanelTecs and test 
communications throughput. (if necessary)
HMS will install and test PanelTecs and correctly connect with analog modems, 
installed phone lines, and with the RTU's and the Delta V at both Wamsutter 
and the Lysite production office, as appropriate.
HMS will install and test the cellular modem at Sand Draw.

Best regards,
Chris Sonneborn
ENA Facility Planning