Subject: Correction
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 06:48:00 -0800 (PST)

Sorry, the pipeline in question is the Bammel 30-inch line, which goes from 
the Katy-Satsuma line to Bammel.
---------------------- Forwarded by Tom Shelton/HOU/ECT on 11/20/2000 02:43 
PM ---------------------------
   
	Enron North America Corp.
	
	From:  Tom Shelton                           11/20/2000 11:29 AM

To: Merlin Moseman/OTS/Enron@ENRON, Gerald Nemec/HOU/ECT@ECT, Nathan L 
Hlavaty/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jack Simunek/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Steve HPL Schneider/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Katy-Satsuma Form T-4

 I have learned that although HPL Compression Company owns the "Katy-Satsuma" 
line, for reasons related to the Looper Trust deal there must be a 
non-affiliated thrid party operator.  As part of the deal, operating 
responsibility was contracted out to Hanover Compression Company, but since 
they do not really have any pipeline operating people they then subcontracted 
the operatorship out to a Reliant company, the exact name of which I do not 
know.
 Merlin Moseman said that during a recent Railroad Commission field audit 
there was, not surprisingly, some confusion about who is the operator of this 
line.  The T-4 currently on file at the RRC shows HPL as the operator (under 
HPL's P-5 number), and HPL Compression as the owner.  From what I now know, 
it sounds  like the Reliant company should file a T-4 showing them as the 
operator of the line, although I am not sure exactly what they are doing in 
that role.  Such a change may well foster questions, both among the parties 
as well as with the RRC, about other matters, such as responsibility for 
safety, signage, reporting, emergency procedures, etc. 
 I, in the role of facilitator/meddler, will set up a meeting for late next 
week to discuss this matter, unless someone else wants to throw out the first 
pitch.