Subject: Feb-March Dive Events for Houston HammerHeads
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 12:18:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi Fellow  HammerHeads and Friends,

There are?four announcements in this  email:
???Members Only Meeting? - Feb  17
?? February Social - Feb 28
?? Scuba Sign Language Class -?Mar 10-11
?? Flower Gardens Dive Trip - Mar 24-25

If you have any questions or need additional information, please  email.

Best Wishes and Fishes,
Kristi Foster
King Crab  (President)
_____________________________
MEMBERS ONLY MEETING
Our  first annual members-only meeting was on Saturday, February 17.? We had  
great participation...The bylaws have been adopted and we are now a 
non-profit  organization recognized by the State of Texas.? Thanks to all who 
were  there!?Congratulations to the officers:
Kristi Foster - President
OJ Strickland - 1st VP
Cathie Borresen - 2nd VP
Ron Hiser - Secretary
Shelley Buckles - Treasurer
We still need committee chairpeople and committee members.? Please  volunteer 
at the next social or by responding to this email.
_______________________
MONTHLY SOCIAL
Thursday, February 28 is the date of the monthly social at Surfer's  
Paradise, located?across from the theater in the MarqE complex on I10 off  of 
610 from 7:30 - 9:30 pm.? Tell the host/hostess you're with the  HammerHeads 
- we'll be in the party  room.
____________________________
SCUBA SIGN LANGUAGE COURSE
This winter, members Kristi Foster and  Randy Knippa attended an instructor 
training program to teach Scuba Sign  Language.??You can be the guinea pigs 
for the first  class?starting March 10.? Cost for this class only is $75 for 
Members  and includes academics and?one pool session.? Students need to 
provide  their own equipment and a passport-sized photo for the PADI 
Distinctive  Specialty Certification cards.? Learn over 100 useful underwater 
hand  signals beyond the open water basics you already know.? Enroll at least 
one  week in advance (or at the Feb social).?? For more information,  contact 
Kristi Foster at 713-662-3455.
_____________________
CLUB FLOWER GARDENS DIVE TRIP
Jan-Mar is Hammerhead migration season  through the Gulf of Mexico.? How 
fitting for the Houston HammerHeads to go  diving with them!? We've got the 
entire boat (but only 4?spots are  still open) reserved for March 23-25.? 
We'll be diving off the Sea Searcher  II (for more info, check them out at 
www.seasearcherii.com).? Cost is  $350.? A $100 deposit is required to hold 
your spot.? The balance is  due by March 4.? For more information, please 
contact Kristi Foster at  713-662-3455.