Subject: Dive Events for Houston HammerHeads
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 08:52:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi Fellow  Divers and Friends of the Houston HammerHeads,

There are?seven  announcements in this email:
?
 
???Monthly Socials  -?March 29, April 26, May 31
??? You Are Invited to  Join
?? Club Volunteers  Needed
?? Dive In Day - May  20
?? Local Diving at Balmorhea  State Park - May 26-28
?? Sea Space - June 9 &  10
?? Other Events
??? 

If you have any questions or  need additional information, please email.

Best Wishes and  Fishes,
Kristi Foster
King Crab  (President)
_____________________________
MONTHLY  SOCIAL
The last Thursday of each month  (March 29, April 26 and May 31)? is the date 
of the monthly social at  Surfer's Paradise, located?across from the theater 
in the MarqE complex on  I10 off of 610 from 7:30 - 9:30 pm.? Tell the 
host/hostess you're with the  HammerHeads - we'll be in the party room.? For 
more information, please  contact Kristi Foster at [email-masked].  
_____________________________
YOU ARE INVITED TO  JOIN
The Houston HammerHeads has open  enrollment.? You are invited to join any 
time throughout the year.?  Annual membership dues are only $20.? In return, 
you get a club T-shirt,  stickers and decals (while supplies last) and 
continued updates on diving events  in and around Houston.? Membership forms 
are available at every social and  most other club functions.? For more 
information, please contact Kristi  Foster at [email-masked].  
____________________________
VOLUNTEERS  NEEDED

We need your help and participation to make this club fun!? Now that  the 
officer elections are over, we need to appoint committee chairpeople and get  
committee members.? If you'd like to get involved, please respond to this  
email prior to the upcoming social on March 29.? 
?
Here's what we still need...
Group Dive Trips - Chair is OPEN
Other Club Events - Chair is OPEN
In addition, we need committee members for all committees:? Guest  Speakers, 
Continuing Education, Local Dives, Environmental  Awareness,??Non-Diving 
Events, Public Relations, Communications  and?Fundraising/Sponsorship 
_____________________
DIVE-IN DAY?- May  20
3rd Annual International Dive-In Day -  It's time to make history again!
Thousands of divers across the world will  invade beaches, rivers and lakes 
in a bold attempt to break the World Record for  the largest group dive for 
our 3rd Annual International Dive-In Day.? We  expect dives to take place in 
more than 100 locations simultaneously all over  the world, making 
International Dive in Day the World's biggest and most  significant dive 
event.? The Houston Chapter will be diving at the Blue  Lagoon (we must be in 
the water at 10:00 am to qualify for the dive!)? For  more info, contact OJ 
Strickland at [email-masked]. 

_____________________
LOCAL  DIVING AT BALMORHEA STATE PARK - Memorial Day Weekend, May  26-28
Balmorhea State Park is about an 8-9  hour drive from Katy, page # 7 in 
the "Texas, Dive Site Book".??  Since we're going over the long weekend, 
we?should have ample time to try  and find?Balmorhea's (2) two endangered 
fish species, the Comanche Springs  Pupfish 
and the Pecos Mosquito fish,?along with all the Mexican Tetras,  Minnows, 
Perch, Catfish, crawfish, turtles and the "bubbling sands" of the  springs.
Please RSVP?so we can calculate how things need to be arranged  
(ride sharing, sharing big tents, food, stoves, etc.) .? We plan on  doing 
combined food cook outs, night dives and just have a ton of? FUN.  
For more info, contact OJ Strickland at  [email-masked].?

_____________________
SEA  SPACE- June 9 & 10
Houston's biggest dive expo - open to  the public.??For more information, 
check out the  website?at?www.seaspace.org.  
_____________________
OTHER  EVENTS
The Houston HammerHeads are part of the  Texas Gulf Coast Council of Dive 
Clubs.??Here is a partial list of  diving-related activities sponsored by the 
other council member  clubs...
Mar.  23-25?????Gulf Restoration  Network annual meeting, New Orleans, 
www.gulfrestorationnetwork.org? 504 525-1528
Mar.31???? ???????????????  Fins UP fundraiser for Texas Marine Mammal 
Stranding Network, Galveston,  www.tmmsn.org or 800-9MAMMAL
April 7??? ???????????????  Scubadillos San  Marcos River cleanup, 
www.divesanmarcos.com 
April 28? ???????????????  Galveston Island Scuba Club, mini-TrashFest  
cleanup, Christi Atkinson, 409 741-1068, [email-masked] 
June  9-10????????????Texins  Underwater Safari, Lake Tenkiller, Ok. Pamela 
Stickney, 972 344-3630?[email-masked]
July  21-22???????????????  Texins Hotter'n' Hell Dive,?  Possum Kingdom, Tx. 
Pamela Stickney, 972 344-3630 [email-masked]
July  28-29???????????????  Nubian Canyon Lake dive and rafting trip, Lydia 
Locke 281 498-5953 or  [email-masked]
Aug.  4-5? ???????????????  Texins Land Lubber's Luau, Lake Texoma, Tx. 
Pamela Stickney, 972 344-3630  [email-masked]
Aug.  7-12?????????????????Flower Gardens, expected date for coral spawning, 
http://www.flowergarden.nos.noaa.gov/
Aug.  16-19???????????????  BAD annual Spearfishing Contest, 
www.bayareadivers.org or 713  684-6544
Sept.7-12?????????????????Flower Gardens, possible second spawningfor late 
bloomers, http://www.flowergarden.nos.noaa.gov/
Sept.  15? ???????????????  HUC BAD TGCC--& the whole alphabet -- picnic at 
Tom Bass Park, Robyn  Rhea, 713 792-7748, [email-masked]  
Sept.29-Oct.1???????????????  Proposed TGCC trip to Sonnier Bank on the Sea 
Searcher II, Larry LaBorde,  281 496-4687? [email-masked] 
Oct. 6???? ???????????????  Trashfest, TGCC  river cleanup in New Braunfels, 
Tx. www.tgccdiveclubs.org 
Oct.  13-14???????????????  Texins Wet Willie Wrap-up, Lake Whitney, Tx. 
Pamela Stickney, 972  344-3630 [email-masked]
Oct.  20??? ???????????????  BAD Scuba Flea Market, www.bayareadivers.org or 
713  684-6544
Nov.   ??? ???????????????  2nd annual BAD ScubaOlympics,  Williams Indoor 
Pool, www.bayareadivers.org or 713  684-6544.

?