Subject: Dive Events for Houston HammerHeads Friends - April through June
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:34:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Fellow  Divers and Friends of the Houston HammerHeads,

There are?10  announcements in this email:
?
 
???Monthly Socials  -?April 26, May 31, June 28
???CORAL Reef Alliance  Slideshow (during April 26 social)
??? You are Invited to  Join
???Dive In Day - May 20
?? Local Diving at Balmorhea  State Park - May 26-28
?? Sea Space - June 9 &  10
??? Local Diving, South  Padre Liberty Ships - June 23-24 
??? U/W Photography  Guest Speaker (during June 28 social)
?? Best US Dive Spot  Article
???Call for the  Military
?? 
??? 

If you have any questions or  need additional information, please email.

Best Wishes and  Fishes,
Kristi Foster
King Crab  (President)
_____________________________
MONTHLY  SOCIAL
The last Thursday of each month  (April 26,?May 31 and June 28)? is the date 
of the monthly social at  Surfer's Paradise, (713-681-5100) located?across 
from the theater in the  MarqE complex on I10 off of 610 (actual address is 
7620  Katy Freeway) from 7:30 - 9:30 pm.? Tell the host/hostess  you're with 
the HammerHeads - we'll be in the party room.?  
____________________________
CORAL REEF ALLIANCE SLIDESHOW -  April 26
Kristi Foster will give the  slideshow presentation that CORAL has put 
together as an environmental awareness  program.? This is available to the 
public for community outreach and comes  with a script to help the 
presenter.? You are invited to attend and learn  more about CORAL during the 
April 26 monthly social.? ~30  minutes.
__________________________

YOU ARE INVITED TO  JOIN
The Houston HammerHeads has open  enrollment.? You are invited to join any 
time throughout the year.?  Annual membership dues are only $20.? In return, 
you get a club T-shirt,  stickers and decals (while supplies last) and 
continued updates on diving events  in and around Houston.? Membership forms 
are available at every social and  most other club functions.? For more 
information, please contact Kristi  Foster at [email-masked].  
____________________________

DIVE-IN  DAY?- May 20
3rd Annual International Dive-In Day -  It's time to make history again!
Thousands of divers across the world will  invade beaches, rivers and lakes 
in a bold attempt to break the World Record for  the largest group dive for 
our 3rd Annual International Dive-In Day.? We  expect dives to take place in 
more than 100 locations simultaneously all over  the world, making 
International Dive in Day the World's biggest and most  significant dive 
event.? The Houston Chapter will be diving at the Blue  Lagoon (we must be in 
the water at 10:00 am to qualify for the dive!)? For  more info, contact OJ 
Strickland at [email-masked]. 

_____________________
LOCAL  DIVING AT BALMORHEA STATE PARK - Memorial Day Weekend, May  26-28
Balmorhea State Park is about an 8-9  hour drive from Katy, page # 7 in 
the "Texas, Dive Site Book".??  Since we're going over the long weekend, 
we?should have ample time to try  and find?Balmorhea's (2) two endangered 
fish species, the Comanche Springs  Pupfish 
and the Pecos Mosquito fish,?along with all the Mexican Tetras,  Minnows, 
Perch, Catfish, crawfish, turtles and the "bubbling sands" of the  springs.
Please RSVP?so we can calculate how things need to be arranged  
(ride sharing, sharing big tents, food, stoves, etc.) .? We plan on  doing 
combined food cook outs, night dives and just have a ton of? FUN.  
For more info, contact OJ Strickland at  [email-masked].?

_____________________
SEA  SPACE- June 9 & 10
Houston's biggest dive expo - open to  the public.??For more information, 
check out the  website?at?www.seaspace.org.  HammerHeads will have club info 
on the TGCC table.? 
_____________________
LOCAL DIVING, SOUTH PADRE  LIBERTY SHIPS - June?23 & 24
The  plan is to?leave after work on Friday, June 22 and make the six hour  
drive.? Overnight?at the Motel 6 (~$50 per night).? Dive the  Liberty Ships 
with?American Diving?(website: www.divesouthpadre.com) on Saturday  
($125).?Depths ranging from 45 - 130 feet.?? If  possible,?squeeze in a short 
trip to the Texas Marine Park Artificial Reef  on Sunday morning ($75).? 
Depths of 45 - 73 feet. 
The boat?can  handle 15 divers on the full day trip and up to 18 on the half 
day.? Please  notify Roger Veteto [email-masked] if you  interested.? 
He needs a rough idea of how many people are interested by May  1st, so?he 
can call make reservations.
_____________________

U/W PHOTOGRAPHY GUEST SPEAKER -  June 28  
Farley Grissett is coordinating a guest  speaker for June's social.? Learn 
some basics of underwater photography and  see great slides.? More details to 
come.
_____________________

BEST U.S. DIVE SPOT  ARTICLE
HammerHeads Central is working on an  article for the July issue of Skin 
Diver that highlights the best U.S. dive  spots - in celebration of the 4th 
of July.? They need your help in finding  the best diving in the U.S.? Just 
send a quick email back to [email-masked] to tell us the best  local dive 
spots in your region, and you just might find it in Skin  Diver.
_____________________
CALL FOR THE  MILITARY
Are you in the military?? Do know any divers that  are???HammerHeads Central 
has an exciting media opportunity with  Military Style Magazine, a magazine 
devoted to military personnel from coast to  coast.? The editor would like to 
interview any divers that are in the  military...
discussing what's so unique about  diving, the best places to go and your 
favorite equipment.? If you would  like to contribute, please contact Ruby 
Enriquez at 619-234-0345 or email [email-masked].? 
?