Subject: Re: Mooring Facility Construction
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 10:22:00 -0700 (PDT)

Gerald:

All the following are working documents since we have no executed agreement 
with LIPA or any other entity at this stage.

Here is the LD information from the PPA: 

Here's the force majeure section:

Here's our initial permit working document parts of which may be directed to 
EE&CC. For now assume the entire list is our responsibility.

Here's an initial cut at scope and a draft materials list:

Utility coordination is a bit of a mixed bag because we have to work with 
LIPA on transmission issues and KeySpan on site access and demineralized 
water supply issues. KeySpan is also LIPA's contractor for transmission 
operations. We are hoping to structure a management services agreement with 
KeySpan where they would provide mooring space, interconnections for water 
and power as well as operation and maintenance services.

Let me know what else you need. I'll keep you updated as we move closer to 
agreement with LIPA/KeySpan. 

Scott Monson

Gerald Nemec
05/03/2000 04:53 PM
To: Ron Tapscott/HOU/ECT@ECT, Scott A Monson/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Steve  Van Hooser 
Subject: Mooring Facility Construction

Attached is a draft of the turnkey construction contract for your review.  

Ron,  As we discussed, Exhibit A - Scope of Work will need to be included.  
Please note the following points:

1.  Liquidated Damages - Need to assess a value for these damages.
2.  Force Majeure - This would currently provide EE&CC with relief from the 
In-Service Date requirements and consequently, the LDs.  Is this acceptable?
3.  Permitting - Need to specify in Exhibit F, those permits that ENA would 
secure, and make EE&CC responsible for any others.
4.  Utility Coordination - Currently this is very generally.  Are there 
specific responsibilities that should be stated in this Agreement wrt the 
Utility?

Please review with these in mind.  I will be out tommorrow and Friday.  Let's 
plan on meeting Monday to discuss the draft.